Love Potions

It was several days following your meeting with Sophie, Kass, and Lesso that tutoring began. You all had decided to host it during a third year free period on Wednesday afternoons. Lesso unfortunately had class with first years at the time; but she didn't seem to mind that she wouldn't be in attendance, as she knew you'd fill her in on any breakthroughs Sophie made.

Their first session had gone well, Sophie had taken the time to describe her dreams of you from before returning to school last year in great depth, as well as the dream you two had shared. Kass had recorded her accounts, then had asked you to provide your account of the same dream, so she could better understand Sophie's role within it.

Nothing else had truly happened, as you all only met for an hour, but nonetheless, that hour had felt productive.

That Friday was the first real dueling club, since last week's club had been centered around the third and first years getting more acquainted. This week, Professor Sahar was teaching the students about potions; potions you could use in a duel that would give you an edge.

"I can't imagine this lesson really being all that useful," Garreth complained as he, Tedros, Agatha, and Beatrix waited on their never friends and counterparts to join them. "I mean, it's potions; how helpful can they be when you're engaged in a fight?" 

"Are you kidding?" Hester commented as she approached them from behind. "Potions can be deadly everboy, I could melt your skull with a single potion thrown at that pretty little head of yours," she taunted.

She turned toward Sophie, Hort, and Dot, rolling her eyes. "Evers...I swear."

"Hey," Garreth spat in a very confident fashion as he stepped up to face Hester. "Don't underestimate me, witch."

Hester's eyes widened, but Sophie stepped forward, pushing her back before she could retort. "Watch yourself Teddy junior. I may not be allowed to kill you when we duel, but I can sure as hell make it hurt." Her words came out like venom and Hester couldn't help the small smirk that rose as Sophie spoke.

She didn't need defending by any means, but Sophie was Garreth's dueling partner; and Hester would love to see what kind of torture she could cook up for the poor everboy.

Garreth seemed to cower a little at Sophie's tone. She hadn't wanted to sound too harsh, but these first years needed to be put in line. Unification was of course important, but that didn't mean that each side wouldn't stand up for their own if need be.

"Sorry," Agatha said softly as she stepped over to Hester and Sophie while Tedros and Beatrix led Garreth away from the crowd a bit. "He's still getting used to the whole unification thing."

"I get it," Sophie said with a huff, "but that's no reason to be rude. We're all here to learn. And potions aren't something to underestimate."

Sophie looked at Hester, a small proud smile on her face. Hester had become very proficient with potions over the summer, with the help of Aggie's mom. And though the blonde gave her a hard time about not actually spending very much time with her while they had been in Gavaldon, in truth, she couldn't be more proud of her friend.

"He'll see," Hester said with a bite to her tone. "Sophie's not one to take it easy in a duel. I'm sure an ass kicking or two will knock his princey attitude down a peg. Though I don't know; it didn't seem to work with your boyfriend," Hester chuckled as she nudged Agatha.

Agatha let out a small laugh. "He's...working on it."

"Alright everyone! Gather round!" Professor Sahar called.

...

You, Lesso, Dovey, along with all the other professors sat on one side of the bleachers, watching as Professor Sahar instructed all the students on how to make certain potions. Everything from fire and ice potions to invisibility spells to acid to love potions.