61 - Dream

. . .

Alexandre Monet

"I always thought he was her father," Lucian said after he told Hedeon and I what had happened during the lunch. "I thought he just constantly hid it because of your dear mother." He nodded his head towards Hedeon and Andros who were sitting by the fireplace, books in their hands. They read a lot. That had been one of the few good things their parents taught them.

Lucian and I had started reading when Hedeon and Andros started living with us. Only out of spite, at first. We'd just wanted to be smarter than them.

Andros shut his book, without any bookmark. Dahlia had gasped like he killed someone when he first did that in front of her. He told her he remembered the page numbers. She had gasped louder at that. "Maybe he lied in the journal," he said. I knew he would say that. "He must have known Dahlia would read them. This all is written in a seperate journal. He didn't write it in the journal he actually had back then. There is a jump in that journal. I think he wrote this stuff later, lied about her not being his daughter, and added the Cynthia bits to make it seem authentic."

"That sounds like something Noah would do," I said, sitting back in my cushioned chair. We were in one of the many rooms on the ship. It was a hint of a library. Just four shelves filled with the books we liked. Dahlia had taken one look at the shelves filled with nonfiction and refused to even call them books.

Making nonfiction books is tree abuse, were her exact words.

"The journal looked old," Lucian said, setting his feet on the table as he relaxed, his hand wrapped around a whiskey glass. "She showed us a few pages."

"Let's get another test done," I muttered, rubbing my forehead. My head hurt after about two days of not sleeping. I kept following new leads, but couldn't find Dahlia's mother. Dahlia did not ever ask much of us and we couldn't even give her this. I couldn't even give her this.

Someone knocked on the door.

"Who is it?" Andros asked.

"It's Nemo."

Dahlia.

I shook my head. "Come in."

Dahlia pushed open the heavy door, dressed in a giant T-shirt she must have stolen from one of us and shorts that were barely visible because of the T-shirt. Her hair was loose, down her shoulders in gentle waves. Her face was void of any makeup and all her piercings were out.

My eyes dropped to her thighs. Fucking hell. We have done nothing since that fucker Evan got himself kidnapped. Dahlia had pretty much shut down sexually. But now...

"Are you having a meeting without me?" She asked, crossing her arms against her chest, glaring at all of us one by one. Her face was flushed. I could almost see her nipples picking through the material of her t-shirt. She was breathing a bit heavily. My baby was horny.

Andros chuckled, knowing green eyes running over her slowly."Of course not, baby. We thought you were sleeping."

"I couldn't sleep," she mumbled, tugging a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Why?" Hedeon asked, tilting his head, a slight smirk on his face.

"Well," she all but squeaked. "I...I had a dream?"

"And?" Lucian asked. "What was it about?"

She gulped, clasping her hands behind her back, unknowingly thrusting her breasts out. Fuck me. They were of the perfect size. They fit in my hands like they belonged there. And they surely fucking did.