52 - I do

"How shall I hold back my soul from touching yours?"

-Rainer Maria Rilke

. . .

Dahlia

Lucian took me to a room and tormented me with the vibrator, not letting me think of anything or anyone but him. I wanted just that. It was like he knew.

He pressed me against the wall. His broad chest pressed into my back. I felt so warm like this. So safe. "That fucker was looking at you," he snarled. He sounded seconds away from ripping someone apart. Probably Evan.

"W-who?" I whimpered, my eyes closing as I came. Lucian dug his hand under my dress and cupped me.

"Evan." He almost growled out his name as he explored my wetness. "That motherfucker was looking at your like you're his. Like this little cunt is his."

"I..." I moaned, throwing my head back. Lucian kissed me, wrapping his hand around my neck. "N-not his."

"No? Then who do you belong to, baby?"

"Yours," I whimpered as I came again, rubbing myself on his giant hand. The vibrator seemed to be making all of me shake. "I'm yours."

Lucian was breathing heavily. He dug his finger inside of me and took out the vibrator. He turned it off and put it away. He grabbed me and turned me around.

His eyes glared down at me, the blue of them on fire.

"Lucian..."

He slammed his hand beside my head, on the wall. I flinched at the sound. He ducked his head till he was looking me right in the eye. "Do you still love him?"

"What? No, of course not."

"Then...why-" he cut himself off, squeezing his eyes shut. He forced them open after a moment. "Why the fuck won't you let me say it?" He gripped my neck, pulling me closer to his face. His lips brushed mine. "Why is it, hm? He never deserved your love and I feel like I'm not even allowed to love you. Tell me I am, baby."

I gulped. "I'm not..." I sniffled. "I'm not wort-"

He squeezed. "Lies," he said. "Fucking lies. Just because that pathetic fucking bastard didn't have the balls to love you like you deserve doesn't mean that you're not worth it. You fucking worth it. I would not be here if you weren't."

Tears burnt in my eyes, dripping down my face. My bottom lip trembled. "I'm not," I said hoarsely. "And you will realize that and then you will leave me and I..." I wiped my tears away. "I won't be able to take it, Lucian. Any heartbreak I've ever felt would pale in comparison."

"Oh, baby." He pulled me to his chest as my body shook my sobs. "We'd never leave you."

I cried harder.

I wanted to believe those words so much. So, so, so much.

. . .

I sniffed, wiping the mascara from under my eyes. "Did you get my bag?" I asked Andros in a whisper. My voice felt weird after crying in Lucian's arms like a fucking child.

Andros nodded, setting it on the counter. "Here, baby."

I whispered thanks to him, digging into it and pulling some makeup products out. I needed to redo my makeup.

Andros paused behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. He ducked his head to set his chin on my shoulder. "I don't like you crying, baby."

"Did Lucian tell you?"