41 - coffee

. . .

Lucian Monet

"Fucking finally."

I entered my office, on the ship. I didn't like staying on land.

Vaness followed me and sat on my chair, giving me a look.

"I have work to do."

She stayed where she was.

I patted her head. "Now go fight Bobby for me, hm?"

She ran out of my office and I heard Bobby yelp after a few moments. I chuckled, sitting on my chair. I never knew having pets could be this fun.

Dahlia strolled in my office. "Hello, Lucy."

That fucking nickname.

"Hello, Baby. I've barely seen you today." It was afternoon. She had been pretty much hiding in her room till now, ever since we came back to the ship.

There were two reasons to stop at the town, the first was to safeguard Emilia and the other was to stock up on a few weapons we intended to transport. And most insignificant one was to let Andros fuss over everyhting.

Emilia didn't agree. I didn't care, especially after the bullshit Andros told me she said to Dahlia when they met. But I needed her safe, just for Dahlia's sake.

"I drank coffee," she said, a guilty look in her eyes. My eyes narrowed.

"How much?" I asked.

"Um, a little?"

She looked jittery. That was what happened when she drank too much coffee. "I'm going to ask you again, and you will not lie. How much coffee did you drink?"

She fiddles with her hands. "A lot?"

"Come here."

She gulped and walked closer to me. "Please don't be mad at me."

I pulled her on my lap. "Look at me. If there is one thing you need to keep in mind, baby, it's that I can never be mad at you." I cupped her face, making her look at me. "And, you're allowed to curse me the fuck out if I ever become stupid enough to be mad at you, yes?"

She was anxious about us being mad at her. Dahlia was strong, but she was fragile too. She needed someone who'd be able to keep up with both.

She nodded.

"Now." I removed her from my lap, making her stand. "Bend over my lap."

Her face flushed. "Oh."

"Yes. Bend over."

She let out a shaky breath and bent over my lap. She was wearing a baby blue dress, which I easily flipped up. "Now, Dahlia. Why am I punishing you?"

"Because you're mean?"

I chuckled at her tone. Now assured that I wasn't mad at her, her usual snarky side was coming out. This woman had me possessed.

"No, because you drank so much coffee it increased your anxiety. And we decided you wouldn't drink that much, didn't we? You promised us you would drink only some, and that too we would prepare."

"I didn't sleep last night and-"

"You could have taken a nap."

"You have an answer for everything." She huffed. "I'm sorry, okay? It just happened."

I spanked her, not bothering to hold back. She jerked on my lap, hands gripping my thigh.

I pulled her black panties between her cheeks so that I could see all of her. A slight red was already there, I could see the outline of my hand.

I spanked her again. She jumped on her toes, whimpering as her nails dug into my thigh. The pain was nothing. She sniffled as I rubbed her ass.

"Such a naughty little girl," I muttered. "Does it hurt?"

"Yes," she said, her voice shaking.

"Yes, what?" I spanked her harder. One, two, three, four, five.

Her cries got louder, body shook on my lap. Her ass got redder and redder till she was jumping on her toes, trying to get away from me.

I stopped when she decided to settle down and take the spanks like a good girl. She didn't stop crying, though.

I slid her dress back in place and sat her on my lap.

She looked up at me with tears-filled, red eyes. Her mascara, as I was told when I fucked her mouth for the first time, was running, too. Her face was a beautiful mess.

I kissed her lips. "You took your punishment like a good girl."

She winced, as I moved her closer to me. "Hurts."

"I know. It should."

She narrowed her eyes at me and then closed her eyes, setting her head against my shoulder. "Now you'll have to endure me sleeping on you."

"After I clean you up and put something on your ass."

"No." She curled even closer. "Later."

"Baby, please," said. "I just need to make sure you'll be okay. Let me take care of you, and then we'll take a nap together in my room, how does that sound."

"I'm not moving."

"Then I'll carry you."

A tiny smile came on her lips. "I hate you."

And I am pretty much in love with you.

. . .

I stayed awake, letting her sleep on my chest as I stared at the ceiling while running my fingers through her hair.

What Dahlia told me about Dad was still in my mind, refusing to leave. He went through what we went through and by the same woman.

I didn't know if I wanted to bring it up. I wondered if Mom knew. If she did, she must have at least tried to kill Cynthia. My mother's father used to have a high post in the Russian mafia, but then things went wrong and they ended up in America.

I heard a whimper.

I frowned, looking down at Dahlia. Was she in pain? She had been okay before she went to sleep.

Her eyes were clenched shut and her hands were fitting my t-shirt. "No-" tears rolled out of her closed eyes. "No-"

I held her through it, rubbing her back, trying to calm her down. If she slept through it, she'd probably forget it when she woke. If I woke up her now, she'd just be more distressed.

She settled down in a few minutes. I wiped the tears off her face, pulling her till her face was against my neck. I rubbed her head, kissing her forehead.

There was nothing I hated more than seeing Dahlia sad. It was like someone put a giant weight on my heart. It got harder to breathe.

This was one of the many reasons why I wanted to kill all of her family. Noah never told us his brother was an excuse of a man.

When she woke up, she had no recollection of the nightmare. I was happy about that, even though I did wonder what she had been dreaming about.

. . .

(2/3)