39 - Hours

. . .

Dahlia

Emilia was dressed in a hot red dress as she lowered herself on the seat in front of me.

She looked at Andros who was sitting beside me and then back at me. "Why is he here?"

"Because I want him here. Emilia, you're being stupid. You know the whole story. Damien is wor-"

"Yes, I know. But he is not working for her, he is trying to keep me safe. And, I'm not the one in danger. You are." She shrugged. "I knew I had to stay away from Uncle. Those scars told me so."

I ran a hand over my face. I wasn't wearing any makeup. I had forgotten my kit on the ship. Having my face bare made me so much anxious. "He can easily use you to get to me."

"You wouldn't care if he does, would you? You just care about yourself and your boyfriends now. You left Mom and Dad alone."

"Why aren't you back home?"

"I'm not supposed to be home anyways," she huffed. "I'm supposed to be in New York. They think I am in New York. They think you ran away with your boyfriend. Mom is panicking. You won't pick up your phone."

"How about you tell them I am alright?"

"She'd like to hear it from you." She shrugged. "You should go back. Damien and I will stay here. If I go back our parents will be concerned."

"So, you trust this Damien more than me now?"

She met my eyes. "You should come with me. Damien will keep you safe. Hedeon here." She nodded her head towards Andros. "Doesn't know half of the things. Do you know he is Cynthia's son?"

"Yes."

"Do you know he is friends with the mob and supplies weapons?"

"Yes."

She paused. "Is this another one of your desperate attempts at catching Dad's attention?"

My hand fidgeted around the coffee mug I was holding. "No."

"Dahlia, come with me. Damien is the uncle's son. He will keep us safe."

"He is also Cynthia's son."

"So is he." She again nodded towards Andros. "At least Damien doesn't own a shady business."

I sighed, looking down at the table. "I will not call Mom. You will tell her I am okay and I checked in with you when she calls."

"I won't," she said stubbornly. "Talk to her yourself. You need to face what your actions do. You ran away from home like it didn't mean anything. They could have kept you safe back there, but instead, you're cruising around with them."

I breathed deeply. "You know what, Emilia?" I said.

"What?"

"Mom can freak out," I said. "Dad can be disappointed. They can be alone. You can be alone." I met her eyes. "Tell Mom that I am okay the next time you talk to her. Know that I won't call her or dad. So, from now on, if she is panicking. It's on you. It's all on you."

I stood up. "And you never deserved to know Noah. You don't even deserve to be protected by his son. You don't deserve to say his name, neither does Dad. I will be cruising around with my boyfriend, and you will deal with it. You don't have any other option."

Her mouth flew open. Andros stood, his hand holding mine and a tiny smirk on his face.

"I'm not going to put Mom and Dad above my safety, and neither am I going to put you above my safety," I told her. "You guys wouldn't lift a finger for me and I was already ready to move mountains. You know my number, call me when you come to your senses. Don't call if you don't. I want you safe, but I'm not going to beg for it."

. . .

"She is not going to come," I told Andros as I blow-dried my hair. "I don't know what to do."

"Well, she has bodyguards. And she is not the prime target. You are." Andros watched my hands work. "I'm proud of you for what you said."

"Are you?" I asked. "I feel shaky. She will tell Dad."

"I fucking hate your father," he grumbled.

"Yeah," I said. "I'm beginning to hate him, too. I feel like I just needed some distance from him to realize how bad everything was. Before this, I don't remember the last time I went through a week without seeing him."

"He doesn't deserve you," he said. "I don't know what makes a grown man act this way towards his daughter."

"What will happen after this?" I asked. I didn't want to talk about dad.

"After what?"

"After...I don't know. All of this. When Lorenzo will stop hunting me."

"Lorenzo will stop hunting you only when he is dead."

I froze. "Do you plan to..."

"Yes."

His eyes met mine. He stood behind me, setting his chin on my head. He caressed my jaw with his thumb. "Baby, you know we'll kill him, right?" He asked softly.

"I...I did think of it."

"And? Does it scare you?"

"I..." His thumb traveled down my neck, following the blush that had spread on me without permission. "Should it?"

"No," he told me, bringing his hand back up and rubbing his thumb on my lower lip. "Nothing about me should scare you. You're safe with me. I can be surrounded by violence but I'd never let it touch you. Do you trust me?"

I nodded. "I do."

He smiled. My breath hitched. "I trust you, too."

This felt like a confession. But we were using the wrong words.

Andros's thumb pressed between my lips. "Open."

His thumb pressed down my tongue. "You know what I wanted to do to you the first time I saw you?"

"What?"

He smirked, thumb rubbing my tongue slowly. "I wanted to bend you over in front of a mirror, pull up your little dress, and fuck you while you watched yourself. I wanted to see you cry, to have you sob underneath me as your little pussy struggled around my cock."

I gasped, feeling a pulse between my thighs.

He kissed my cheek. "I wanted to gag you, then take it off in the middle and make you talk to me while I fucked you. I wanted to watch you forget how to talk as you came around me, over and over again, till you barely remembered your fucking name."

Oh go-

My panties were ruined now. I couldn't breathe. Him doing everything he said he would be flashing in my mind, all scenes of us tangled. He looked put together and me a mess under him, struggling and taking him.

He chuckled into my ear. "Look who has gotten all hot and bothered." He kissed my cheek again. "Should I have done all that, baby? Should I have owned you back then?"

All I could do was nod. I couldn't speak, his thumb my still on my tongue.

"Say 'Yes, Daddy.'"

I tried to say it. He chuckled. "Fucking adorable."

Then he stepped back. "I have to cook dinner. I'll feed Bobby and Vaness, hm?"

"W-what?"

He tilted his head. "What?" He asked softly. "It's almost dinner time. I can't let my baby go hungry, can I?" He patted my ass and walked out with a wink.

I looked at myself in the mirror.

He had barely touched me and I looked like I had been fucked for hours.

Fucking hell.

. . .

(6/6)