chapter 2 Lunaris

In the quiet courtyard of the Astralis Academy, beneath the gentle caress of the setting sun, Xander and Magnus engaged in an earnest conversation. Their voices, filled with determination, echoed in the serene surroundings.

"We must prepare ourselves," Xander remarked, his azure eyes reflecting the fading light. "Being the first students chosen to assist the Aether's Army against Malachorix is an immense responsibility."

Magnus, his rugged features etched with resolve, nodded in agreement. "Indeed, we have a duty to our academy and the realms to be at our best."

Unbeknownst to them, their conversation had not gone unnoticed. Hidden amidst a nearby cluster of trees, Elara had been listening in. The surprising revelation that Xander and Magnus were to join the Aether's Army had caught her off guard, and her heart raced.

Unable to contain her curiosity and frustration, Elara stepped out from her hiding place, her voice shaking slightly as she confronted them. ", what are you talking about? Why would you be chosen for such a crucial mission , Master Patronas said that students should stay out of it?"

Xander and Magnus turned to her, their expressions a mix of curiosity and confusion. Their eyes met Elara's with an intensity that left her momentarily stunned.

Xander, with his striking charm and composure, replied, "You must be Elara, correct? It's a pleasure to meet you. We were discussing the upcoming mission against Malachorix."

Magnus, who exuded an air of calm authority, added, "We understand that this might come as a surprise, but the academy believes in our abilities."

Elara's frustration grew as she struggled to find her words, caught off guard not only by the revelation but also by Xander's deep blue eyes , striking looks and magnetic presence. Her thoughts stumbled, and her speech faltered.

As she grappled with her emotions, a familiar figure, Alaric, walked past and noticed the scene. He paused, a calm and composed presence amidst the uncertainty.
Seeing Elara's hesitation, Alaric stepped forward and addressed Xander and Magnus with a calm demeanor. "I'm Alaric, and this is Elara" he began, introducing them both. "We weren't aware of your mission, but we're here to support the academy and our fellow students in any way we can."

Xander and Magnus regarded Alaric and Elara with a newfound understanding. This encounter marked the very first time they had met their younger colleagues, and the dynamics between them were only beginning to take shape.

With their shared commitment to the academy and the impending mission against Malachorix, the four students stood in the fading twilight, their destinies intertwined in ways they could not yet comprehend.