Chapter 11

I run with the others as we  head around the maze heading to the exit as we all lean against the wall panting. Thomas looks around the corner seeing a grieve at the end. “Oh shit..” Thomas says as Chuck and the others hear him. “Grievers?” He asks, looking at Thomas then at the others scared. "Okay we go forward and fight or we die trying!! Ready, let's go!!" Thomas says running and screaming with everyone as they charge at the griever as they stab the sticks into the griever.

I stay close to Chuck and Teresa keeping them safe. The key gets launched out of Chuck's hand and runs to the edge. "Watch the edge Chuck!" Teresa yells as I run over and helps Chuck up seeing more grievers coming up from the sides as my eyes widen in fear. "Thomas!!!!" Chuck yells as Thomas looks over, seeing me and Chuck being chased. "Alex…" he mumbles and sees more coming up as me, Chuck and Teresa run to the door as it opens we run inside looking at the numbers popping up are you fucking serious there's a damn code?!

"Thomas there's a code!!" I yelled out as they didn't hear me while they kept fighting. I sigh and run over asking as I hear the code while standing behind Newt as a griever falls down landing on top of me. I screamed, grabbing a spear holding it up to stop it from biting me as I felt tears fall down my face.

"Alex!!!!" Newt yells trying to run over as Jeff steps up and stabs the griever in its side as it bites him pulling him away as Newt helps me up pulling me back behind him as we step away from the grievers. I  look at Teresa telling her the code as the walls start to slam down trapping the grievers as everything goes dark.

I grab onto Newt's hand hearing a beeping sound then sees light shine in as the door opens revealing a long hallway. We all looked at each other and walked down the hallway looking around at everything until we made it to the sign that said exit. "Really…" One of the boys said, annoyed as I opened the door with a shaking hand, we all saw people in white coats laying on the ground with blood and gunshots.

I sigh looking up at Newt and Thomas. "What happened here?.." I asked scared as we walked in looking at all of the bodies on the ground. "I don't know…" Thomas says as everyone walks into the opening seeing computers and other stuff. "So they were watching us.." Newt says, sighing as I look over at him then over at Thomas as he hits a button popping up a screen seeing a lady on it.

"Hello. My name is Doctor Ava Paige. I'm Director of Operations of the World Catastrophe Killzone Department. If you're watching this, that means you've successfully completed the Maze Trials. I wish I could be there in person to congratulate you... but circumstances seem to have prevented it. I'm sure by now, you must all be very confused, angry, frightened. I can only assure you that everything that's happened to you, everything we've done to you, it was all done for a reason. You won't remember, but the sun has scorched our world. Billions of lives lost to fire, famine, suffering on a global scale. The fallout was unimaginable. What came after was worse. We called it the Flare, a deadly virus that attacks the brain. It is violent, unpredictable... incurable - or so we thought. In time, a new generation emerged that could survive the virus. Suddenly, there was a reason to hope for a cure, but finding it would not be easy. The young would have to be tested, even sacrificed, inside harsh environments, where their brain activity could be studied, all in an effort to understand what makes them different - what makes you different. You may not realize it, but you're very important. Unfortunately, your trials have only just begun. As you'll no doubt soon discover, not everyone agrees with our methods. Progress is slow, people are scared. It may be too late for us... for me... but not for you. The outside world awaits. Remember: Wicked is good." She says before pulling out a guy using it on herself as everyone flinches and looks away.

I looked over at Thomas, seeing him looking at a spot as we all walked over to see her. "What do we do now?" Chuck asks as Newt looks at me then at Thomas. "She said we were special.." He says as Thomas sighs looking at them. "Let's go" he says as they all get ready to leave they hear someone. "We can't leave…." Gally says pointing a gun at us all as we turn around seeing him.

"Gally we can do it, we are free.." I said, watching him. "You think we are free out there…no we belong in the maze we all do…" Gally says tears are falling down his face. "You are stung Gally, we can help you…" Thomas says, watching as Gally shakes his head.

"No, there's no going back." Gally says as he was about to shoot Minho throws a spear into his chest causing Gally to shoot and slowly falls down. "T-thomas…" Chuck says looking at his chest then up at Thomas as he falls in Thomas arms.

Thomas lays him down freaking out and trying to stop the bleeding. "S-shit it's okay chuck we made it we are going home…" Thomas says crying as I  cover my mouth, tears falling as I stay close to Newt. Chuck was like a little brother to me…as we are watching him die in front of us.

All we could do was stand there crying and watching as Chuck takes his last breath before passing away in Thomas arms as he screams and cries. "T-thomas…" Teresa says as tears fall as a bunch of guys run inside with guns as we get taken out of the place and to the helicopter as we all get pushed in.

I look back at Thomas seeing him being dragged out and to the helicopter as Thomas gets pushed next to me. The helicopter started to lift up off the ground flying past the maze as everyone moved and looked out seeing the big maze. We are free away from them all..safe and sound as we all leaned back sighing.

I sniffled and laid my head on Newt's shoulder as I slowly fell asleep hearing the guy speak to Thomas. "Don't worry kid, everything is going to change…" The guy says as I was finally fast asleep on Newt staying close to him as possible while Thomas looks at the figure that Chuck made then looks outside.

~Ava page~

Ava walked into the conference room cleaning the fake blood off her head. "Well... I think it's safe to say the Maze Trials were a complete success. I wasn't expecting so many survivors, but... the more the merrier. Thomas and Alex continue to surprise and impress; and, for now, they seem to have taken the bait. It's too soon to say, but... they could be the key to everything. So let's move forward. It's time now to begin... Phase Two." She says as me and the others get taken to a new place in the helicopter.

~Don't forget to leave a vote and a comment<3~