Chapter 3

Once night had hit I was walking over to the bonfire that was happening. I was excited to spend time with Newt and the others. I was more excited to hang out with Newt. Hearing his smoothing British voice would make my heart beat fast and I didn't know why it was weird. I don't know if I've ever felt like this before but it kept doing that every time.

I saw Newt and the new one talking together. They seem busy so imma bug Minho. I walked over to him nervously. “Hey uhm, is there any way i could be a runner?” I asked Minho, looking down at him. “I will see. I would have to ask the others and see what they think about a shank joining the runners.” Minho says a bit cold-hearted to me.

I nod my head looking over at Newt and the others smiling. “Jealous? You keep staring at Newt. You know he can feel you staring at him.” Minho said smirking as I looked at Minho blushing a bit. “W-what i'm not staring at him!” I said, looking away when I saw the new greenie get pulled into the circle with Gally.

I walked over standing next to Newt and Minho watching the new greenie and gally. “The rules are simple, greenie stay in the circle and try to last more than five seconds.” Gally says laughing as the other looks at him. “Stop calling me greenie.” The other says looking back at him annoyed as they lunged at each other. “What do you wanna be called? Shank?” He asks, shoving each other hearing the other boys laughing and cheering.

“You know what? He does kind of look like a shank.” Gally says as the other runs at him getting knocked to the ground. “Come on, we are not finished yet, Shank.” He says as the other gets up trying again but this time he got Gally on the ground causing others to make oo sounds and that.

“Not so bad for a greenie now huh?” He says smiling as I cheered for him but saw Gally knock the other down causing him to hit his head on the ground my eyes widened in fear oh God is he okay?! I started to walk but felt Newt pull me back in case something happens.

“T-thomas i remember my name im Thomas!!” He says happily as the other boys cheer and laugh.”Good job…Thomas.” Gally says as I walked over shaking my hand. “Welcome Thomas im Alex.” I said as others smile until we all hear a loud screeching from the grievers in the maze. “What the hell was that..?” Thomas asked, hearing Gally. “That my friend is called a griever, don't worry you are safe here.” He says as Alby claps his hands.

“Alright time to call it a night everyone heads to bed.” He says as everyone starts to head to bed. Newt walks over to me patting my shoulder. “Come on Alex, I'll walk you to your bed.” Newt says as I nod my head following him to the shack as we stand at the hammock. “Thanks Newt.” I said kissing his cheek and quickly went into the shack taking off my shoes and lay down in my hammock slowly falling asleep trying to remember where I had seen Thomas.

~In my dream~

I walked around the electronics looking around seeing a boy and a girl talking.”Teresa i want you to understand we had to do it we couldn’t keep letting them die.." Thomas says to the girl as I feel two arms grab my arms dragging me away, tying me down on a patient's bed. "Alex you are going up to the maze remember…wicked is good..” The lady nods to the doctor giving them an okay look as the doctor puts the needle into my arm causing me to whine from it feeling drowsy from the shot even though it was all a dream it all felt real to me the pain and everything. I slept throughout the whole night having the same repeated dream.

~Don't forget to leave a vote and a comment<3~