Chapter 2

I slowly woke up  seeing Newt Newt in front of me causing me to lay up quickly and headbutt him, making me whine in pain rubbing my forehead. "Shit I'm so sorry!" I said but for some reason one word popped into my mind Alex I think that's my name but I'm not sure…

“Hey greenie, follow me.” He says as I quickly put on my shoes and follows after Newt. “My name is Alex I think so I'm not greenie anymore..” I said hearing Newt chuckle a bit. “Okay Alex, nice to meet you. I know it's bloody early but you need to see something. Alby wanted me to take you to it.” Newt says limping up to the wall as I noticed he has a limp. I wanted to ask about it but got distracted by seeing the wall having a lot of names along with a few that were crossed off.

“What's this?” I asked Newt, seeing him pull out a knife. “They are the names of everyone here, the ones that are crossed out are no longer here with us…but here it's your turn to put your name on the wall.”Newt says as he hands me the knife i nod my head stepping up to the wall carving my name into it near Newts name then steps back as I look over at Newt.

“Alby told me about the jobs…can i be a runner?” I asked  as I saw him shake his head at me. “No one wants to be a runner besides you would have to be picked..” Newt says walking away as I quickly follow him as they get breakfast. I  sat down at the table seeing Chuck walking over. “Hey Alex! Newt told us what your name is. I'm glad you remember it!” He says, causing me to giggle a bit he's so adorable! I wonder if I have a family...

“I'm glad I remember also I just wish I could remember my life..” I said to Chuck, seeing him sit down with me at the table. “We all wish we could remember, do you know what job you are going to do yet?" Chuck asks, eating his food as I play with my own food thinking.

"Well I wanted to be a runner Chuck…" I said looking up, seeing Chuck was shocked and staring at me like he saw a ghost. "W-what?" I asked, looking at him as Chuck had cleared his throat. "Alby had to tell you about the grievers no one knows what they look like only because no one survives a night in the maze…and would live to tell about it." Chuck says going back to eating his food as I sigh mumbling. "I would still go into the maze…" I said eating my own food looking over seeing Newt talking with Gally and Alby.

"How long have they all been here?" I asked, looking over at Chuck. "I've been here for a month, Newt and the others have been here for three years" Chuck says getting done with his food. I choked on my food and started coughing. I was shocked to hear this and me cocking in my food and coughing has caused people to look at me like I'm crazy.

Once I calmed down I looked at Chuck whispering. "W-wait three years?!" I  ask, seeing Chuck nod his head. I was about to speak again but was cut off by a loud blaring alarm. "Where is that coming from?" I asked, having my hands over my ears. "It's the box it shouldn't be coming back up!!" Chuck yells over the alarm as everyone runs to the box.

I got up and followed close behind watching Newt and Gally open the box door. I pushed through the crowd looking down into the box to see  a guy that has brown hair. "Day one…" Gally says pulling the guy out of the box he looked shocked while the new person looked scared. I remembered Alby telling me that new people only come up once a month but he had come up a day after I did. It didn't make any sense to me or to anyone else.

I even noticed the others glancing between the new greenie and at me it made me self conscious about it feeling like it was my fault even though it wasn't. I could hear the others talking about what the new guy was gonna be doing around the maze but before anyone could say anything else the new guy took off running to the opening of the wall doors. I glanced around not seeing anyone going after him.

"Is no one going to go after him?!" I ask worried that he would run out into the maze but sees the other fall down and the other boys busting out in laughter. I frowned and started to walk over to the other boy but I saw him get dragged off to the slammer that they made in the glade. I looked over at the others, sighing as I headed to do the jobs I was supposed to do. Letting Alby handle it as a few hours passed I could see the other boy talking with Alby and Newt. I was glad night was coming up. I could finally go to sleep!!!.

“Hey there is a celebration, would you like to hang out?” Newt asks, looking at me. I was a bit shocked that a hot boy wanted to hang out with me. Someone pinch me I must be dreaming! I nod my head shyly. “Ya we can hang out” I said as Newt smiles. “Okay i'm gonna introduce the greenie to the others afterwards we will hang out.” Newt says walking away leaving me alone and blushing. I waited until he was away to squeal and kept working.

~Don't forget to leave a vote and a comment<3~