Chapter 23

Chapter Twenty Three

Elias POV

A whole months had passed since I last saw her. I closed my eyes and let my head fall freely against the soft cushions. I missed everything about her. My wolf had not found a moment of peace ever since she disappeared.

I knew she had left me, yet I never admitted to it. I just couldn't bear accepting the truth.

When Davius returned to the beach house with no news of her, I made it my mission to destroy every piece of furniture I laid my eyes on, before I was pinned down on the floor and forced to calm my wolf.

The capital was informed within the first hour, and the royal guards were prepared in case of any potential invasions.

Since I wasn't able to think past my furry, my father took over the Imperial until I was ready to lead again. Once we returned to the palace I ordered our best trackers to cover all the Venetia Imperial territories until they located her scent.

I knew she was still in our territory. She had to be! All flights across our land were monitored and my mate didn't have documents or the sources to pull off an escape this discreet.

Every night I was informed of the tracker's reports, yet I never heard anything regarding Sofie.

She had put her walls up and completely shut off the connections she had with me. I was in distress because I couldn't tell what she was thinking or feeling. The only thing I knew for sure was that she wasn't dead. I would have felt my soul rip apart if Sofie was killed.

I sat on the big leather chair as I read the rest of the reports. None of the trackers had found the slightest clue of where she could be. I took another sip from the glass of whiskey in my hand and closed my eyes, taking a deep breath.

As I rested my head on the table a loud knock disturbed my thoughts. I chose to ignore it, feeling tired and completely drained of energy when another knock grabbed my attention.

I growled in frustration and yelled for the person to leave but instead the door opened and footsteps approached me.

"I have the Alaska reports. Nothing new" Larius said quietly as he dropped the files on the wooden desk. "How are you feeling?"

I slowly raised my head as I grabbed the glass of whiskey for another sip. "Like tearing you into pieces" I responded taking in the smell of the alcohol. Larius simply nodded and turned towards the door. "I guess I'll ask you later then"

Annoyed with his voice I growled and swore under my breath. "Ask me what?"

He looked unsure for a couple of seconds but then spoke confidently "Alpha Conrad just called me. Elzbieta had a son"

I stared harshly at him. "Great news, another happy event while my life goes to hell." I poured another glass of whiskey and let the smooth liquid warm my throat. "What do you want from me?"

"I wanted to ask permission to see my nephew. Elzbieta wanted me to be there when they started the alpha ceremony."

Disgusted with his request I smashed the delicate glass harshly on the table " And you're duties as the royal general? Who's going to take care of them?"

"I asked Davius to take over for a couple of days. He said he accepted as long as you agreed to it." Larius approached to take the whiskey away from my hand.

I growled when his hand reached for the bottle. "Davius has other duties to take care of. You will not go!"

"My king... he said he could manage. Please I need to be there for my sister" Larius moved a few steps away when he saw the deathly face I had put on.