Chapter 2

Picture on the side is Niccolo

Chapter Two

We would be leaving for the Venetia territory in less than an hour. My mother and my helper had already managed to pack the suitcases in a few hours.

Niccolo and I would be flying in with the royal beta, and a few of the guards to assure our safety .My father was not permitted to come with us and was assigned as the King' second in command until we returned.

After a ten hour flight, we had the fortunate of finally landing into Venetian territory. Although I was tired, I had enough energy to prepare for the dinner with the rulers. As my feet touched the ground surface moment , I felt a strange feeling surround my body. I couldn't understand what it was but I knew it was just a trick my nerves were playing on me.

The royal palace was incredible. It was the same size and architecture as the one back home. yet everything about it seemed even more majestic. Each statue was washed in gold and the grand gardens were inspiring. However despite the absolute beauty of the enviroment, I couldnt but feel helpless.

The air was filled with a sweet aroma that got stronger more as we stepped inside. A comfortable feeling surrounded me yet again, making me feel timid and my body started shivering as if a light breeze had touched my skin. It felt nice and warm. It felt like I was finally home.

The maids presented us to our rooms. To my surprise Niccolo and I were sleeping in separated quarters . I would have thought that the King would have considered us a mated couple already, however the Venetia Imperial had enough informants of our lives to think otherwise .

We were to dine with the new King at six o'clock sharp, therefore I needed to look fresh and presentable in just about two hours. I decided it was appropriate to wear a mid length blue dress which was slightly above my knees and looked formal enough for a young princess.

I slipped into a pair of heels and accessorized with a simple silver necklace and dripping diamond earrings.

After a few minutes I heard a light knock on my door which was soon followed by Niccolo's voice asking me whether I was ready.

"You look beautiful'' said Niccolo while giving me a big smile. His eyes, sparkling like precious gems. "Thank you, so do you" I replied, feeling my cheeks blush a little.

In a few moments we entered the massive dining room where Niccolo and I met a few members of the royal court. To my surprise the King had yet to be seen. As soon as I sked Niccolo regarding the king, we heard the guards announcing the arrival of the Imperials.

"Ladies and gentlemen's I present to you their royals majesties, King Charles and Queen Freja''

I was surprise when I saw that the king and queen were much older than I had expected. I had heard from my mother that the new king was a handsome young man who had just turned 26 but the man in front of me was at least sixty years of age.

After their majesties greeted us, the king sat at the north side of the table and the queen sat on the south side. After a few seconds of silence the king finally spoke in a lovely tone."We are honored to have you here Prince Niccolo. I hope your rooms are comfortable and I am sure you will feel like at home.''

"Thank you for the wonderful words. I am honored to be invited to this wonderful event" responded Niccolo with a sweet smile as he raised his glass for the toast.

"Please excuse the absence of our son, he wasn't feeling well today. He sends you his apologies and hopes you will join him for dinner again tomorrow" continued the queen in a calm tone