14: Expected Turbulance

Start from the beginning

"Pope, we're not stealing the drone. We're borrowing it." John B tries to reassure him. He knows Pope is not believing him. He's not dumb, but at least he is trying to make it sound like they are not currently on the way to steal an over thousand dollar piece of submarine equipment. That, if they get caught, all five will most likely be arrested and charged with felony robbery.

Pope huffs. He hates that no matter what he says or how hard he tries to convince his friends that this plan is not smart, they will not change their minds. They are dead set on stealing the drone. "Humans are the only animals that can't tell fantasy from reality." He mumbles under his breath.

"Damn, Po, that's really deep." Casey jokes, her eyes falling on JJ next to him. Although she came up with the plan, her focus is now being tempted by the boy finishing the blunt. Whenever weed comes into play, she is immediately distracted.

"Wait, did you come up with that?" John B asks.

"Albert Bernstein came up with it, but it applies to this whole treasure hunting thing." He answers, leaning his head back on the side of the van, officially over all of his friends. For once, he would like to do something logical. Something that will not get him in trouble with the police and more importantly, his parents. "So, which is it? Fantasy or reality?"

"Why are you so weird, Pope?" JJ asks, his focus still solely on the blunt.

Pope doesn't respond to JJ's jab. Instead, he sits there and waits for the rest of the Pogues to answer his hypothetical, non-hypothetical question. But no one does, at least not at first. They are still trying to figure out what the hunt for the gold and Royal Merchant mean for themselves. Kiara and Pope are still trying to decide if they believe the siblings. Well, more so, if they believe their father. They will always follow John B and Casey, no matter what, but it doesn't mean they believe what Big John is saying is true.

Eventually, after a few excruciating long seconds, Kiara replies, a small smile on her face as she looks over at John B. "It's fantasy, but possible reality."

"Reality." John B whispers instantly. He knows what he believes and what he believes is true. There is no changing his mind that the Royal Merchant is real and they are going to find it. They are going to finish what Big John started. They will find the gold. A smile appears on his face when he looks over at Kiara. Besides Pope, she has been the one to doubt the entire thing. From the beginning, she has made small comments about it not being real but her saying there is a possibility fills him with excitement. Now, they just need to get Pope on board.

"Virtual reality." JJ smiles as he holds the blunt in front of himself, admiring his work. He doesn't really care if it is real or not. All he cares about is going on an adventure with his friends. They said this summer is going to be different, and from the looks of it, he can't wait for it to really start picking up. Hopefully, with less injuries than the last few days have had.

Casey shakes her head at JJ's answers and leans back into the seat, getting comfortable. "Reality." She says and immediately catches John B looking back at her from the rear view mirror. It doesn't surprise her that the smile on his face grows. As long as she is on his side, nothing else matters. If they have to, they can go off on this hunt alone and he wouldn't care. As long as they have each other. She playfully rolls her eyes at him, not wanting to give him the satisfaction of winning, but her eyes find JJ as he places the blunt in his mouth and flicks his lighter open, seconds away from smoking it. "Sometimes Virtual reality."

At Casey agreeing with JJ's plan of getting high, Pope gets officially annoyed. Knowing he is not going to stop the group from stealing the drone, he grabs the blunt out of JJ's hand and throws it to the floor. "Keep the signal clear." Immediately, JJ sighs and closes his lighter as his perfectly rolled blunt hit the floor. He just spent a good ten minutes making sure the weed was distributed correctly, the wrap was tight, and perfect to smoke but now, it is on the floor like garbage.