I nodded.

My sister knows me well enough to know I nodded despite not being able to see me

"Now wait for him to come, then you explain yourself, kinji? If he doesn't believe you then Wallahi I don't know what to do, we might have to bring mama into this, that stupid boy needs to be exposed, why would he do that??" She said.

I huffed.

"Yi haquri Manal, I know this is hard for you, but in Sha Allah he'll believe you" she said to me

I thanked her and I ended the call before I sat on my soft sheets, waiting for him to come up.

It's been almost an hour since he sent me up.

I heard the roar of an engine and the sound of the gates opening and closing.

Ya Khalifa left.

I expected to hear Ya Muhammad coming up immediately but I didn't.

Not until 20 minutes later, I heard his door open, it closed with a loud bang and I flinched.

I waited 10 minutes before going to knock on his door.

I knocked once. No reply.

I knocked twice. No reply.

I was about to knock the third time when I heard his voice.

"Shigo"

I pushed the door open and I entered with a Salam.

My anxiety didn't let me realize this is the first time I'm in his room.

He showered.

I didn't know how I could tell but I did.

He was seated on the neat king sized bed with pure white sheets, drinking a hot cup of tea, I could tell from the steam.

I paused, now knowing what to do.

He was looking down at the cup. He looked calm.

His nonchalantness was making this so much worse, I could tell he wasn't particularly in the best mood but how nonchalant he was made it so so much worse.

It's like one minute he'll snap and push me against the wall.

That only made me anxious, I preferred the rage to this, it only made me want to run the opposite way.

I forced myself to move forward and I stood a few feet away from him, after a few seconds of battling with my mind I carefully sat on the bed beside him, leaving some space in between us.

Silence.

What do I do?

How do I start?

He took another sip of the tea.

Silence.

I moved and with shaky hands I placed my palm on his arm to catch his attention.

It was the same hand holding the cup and he froze.

He turned and he glared at my hand holding his arm.

I forced myself to keep it there despite the fact that my entire body was quivering and every voice in my mind was telling me to remove my hand.