33

Eric shoved his hand forward, a sprig of blooming red rose placed in between his thumb and index finger.

Haneul laughed at the rare sight, but still gladly took it from him though it was a bit questionable at the very beginning.

Eric Sohn was gifting her a rose. Why?

"Didn't know that you could be this sweet?" sarcasm laced in as she took a sniff at the flower, the aromatic scent eventually went straight into her nostril.

"Tch.." he chuckled, pocketing his hands next. "You should know that I am a romanticist."

Haneul snorted - not intending to, covering her mouth with her palm almost instantly to be looked polite. Her soft gaze was then finding Eric's orbs, the boy had almost messed up everything.

No, this plan has to be perfect, he muttered alone, struggling to keep his composure. That was how powerful Haneul's gaze was. But other people might say that it was merely because the boy was so much in love.

After all, love could easily make one unable to differentiate between glass and pearl.

"Did you ask me out today just to give me a rose?" It was then Haneul queried, head tilted as she searched for his eyes that seemingly were avoiding hers.

"Ah...no," boldly Eric attempted to look her in the eyes despite the fury inside his chest that had sent his heart beating way too abnormal. "I need to use Google Maps."

"Google Maps?" that had come out from between her lips sounded annoyed, something Lee Haneul couldn't help from happening. If she needed to be honest, she was truly furious.

What Google Maps had to do with her?

However, Eric was able to read her face. The subtle twitch on her lips as she blinked once was too evident that she wanted an elaboration. Her expression was screaming 'You better hurry before I hit you' kind of vibe.

So Eric told her.

"I need a navigation to your heart."

And that's it, the predictable move from the famous anti-romantic Lee Haneul. She had taken a step closer towards him in by reflex Eric backed away, awaiting the impact.

Perhaps a slap on the cheek? Or the worst a kick?

Only those assumptions made Eric gulp, downing the lump of fear in his throat. Did he choose the wrong time to carry out this plan?

"You..." she paused before a smile was then stretched across her face. "Did well. What is this? Another practice of yours?"

The dark glare she would always portray was now lit up, taking all the brightness that made her glow as well. Though Eric was a little disappointed that his trick wasn't able to make her feel the butterflies, that eye smile was sufficient.

This was only the beginning.

Unfortunately, Eric was unable to see the precious sight that had been unveiled just as Haneul walked past him. That brightness suddenly dimmed, before it was replaced by a fluster. Her free hand softly patted her chest, easing that too-fast beating heart.

Haneul was indeed feeling the butterflies as well.

As planned, here they were at the skatepark Eric always dropped by whenever he had time. This place was his home, his comfort place so it wasn't weird to see him moving around on the skateboard, showing off his skills and pulling out some tricks that did not fail to impress the girl.

Haneul stood on the flat surface, while Eric leisurely skated, almost looked like flying. Once in a while when he felt his energy nearly emptied, he just took the time by circling the girl.