01

TW // blood

Excitements were evident in every step he made through the concrete pavement. The outstretched of his lips across his face had never faded ever since he arrived, stepping into this campus ground.

His heart was full. As well as his head - full of that certain person, roaming around every corner as if it was kind of a reminder for him not to forget.

Eric smiled as he slammed the buttons of the keypad on his phone screen. He had promised to meet her here, in front of the tallest building within this place, known as the Main Building amongst the students - the signature of this campus. But, she wasn't here yet.

Maybe he was too early?

'I'm already here.' - his text said.

And it was dreadful to wait for a reply. No sign of read yet but it had been delivered.

So he waited. He would be patiently waiting though it had been a whole year since he started waiting for today to come.

This was the mission - to confess to her before the semester ended.

Eric had made up his mind to do it today, no matter what it would take. He had to let her know his feelings.

"Where is her?" he skimmed the area, looking for that certain girl who he would never miss out on her glimpse of. No matter where she was standing.

Up until now, what he could see was only the students passing by, rushing to their faculties before their classes started.

Still no sign of her.

The furious heartbeat in his chest was something that had interrupted his focus. The nervousness was killing, he felt his breath hitched in his throat.

Eric shut his eyes tight, a palm was placed on his chest as he huffed.

Was it normal to feel this anxious right before confessing?

"Calm down Eric, you can do this," he assured himself though his soul was doubting his own words.

Ringing phone.

That's it! - he rushed to see the caller ID, hoping that it was nobody else but her. But checking it by all means was for him to drown in his disappointment.

It wasn't her. It was Sunwoo, his friend who was asking for his whereabouts.

"I'll be coming shortly," Eric answered through the phone, eventually turning his body against the tall building. "Just secure me a pl-"

Thud!

Something was being thrown. No, something heavy had fallen - it obviously sounded like one. And it sounded like it had fallen from a higher place.

Screams and gasps were now echoing from every human being within the open area, Eric couldn't stop the curiosity erupting from the pit in his stomach either. He turned on his heels too, to find out what had caused the ruckus behind his back.

And he regretted his decision.

An almost lifeless body was laid there- a girl. Blood puddled up underneath her head after it made contact with the hard ground. Her lips partly apart, seemed like she was trying to suck in the air that would stop entering her system anytime soon.

He met with the girl's widely open eyes, staring straight at him. A faint red tears rolled down, ended up being in the red puddle as well.

Eric stumbled backward before he fell on his butt, Sunwoo's voice screaming for what sounded like asking what was happening was then heard through his phone which now had laid flat on the ground.

He was late, wasn't he?

The girl he was supposed to confess to was now counting the minutes until the last drop of her blood finished emptying her body.

Eric felt suffocating. His airways were now blocked, being replaced by the constant draining fluids from his eyes.

What was happening?

How things could be escalated to this?

What had he done wrong?

He bit his underlip, something inside his chest was urging to come out rolling through his tongue.

And so it did.

Trying to reach the bloody body everyone was distancing, Eric yelled for her name, hoping that she would be coming back alive.

"H-haneul!"