11

Sometimes, Eric thought that it was intentional for Sunwoo to leave him behind. It could be wrong, it could be only his feeling but what if it was right?

After several events happened, he couldn't seem to see everything on the positive side anymore. His little head was prone to see everything in the dark, planting a thought in his brain that his best friend was scheming something bad behind his back.

Because, for what Sunwoo had left early for class when they used to go together?

And the worst part was, Eric just found out after noticing that his friend hadn't appeared at the bus stop they would've met before leaving together.

Eric had called him, truly worried that he was still sleeping and would miss the bus or worse the class. But, his heart clenched tight before it eventually shattered into a thousand pieces when Sunwoo innocently announced that he was already at the campus, in need of something for the class.

A lie.

How did he know that it was a lie?

Because the two were majoring in the same course, they were attending the same classes everyday. Eric should've known if they were needing something allegedly for class.

He couldn't help himself from grunting as he trailed the pavement towards his building. Every stomp was so strong that they probably would have shaken the whole place if this was some sort of fantasy story.

Nonetheless, it didn't - luckily.

But then, a long thing wrapped in plastic stalled in the air in front of his eyes eventually halting his movement. Its appearance had never disappointed him so far, his mood would instantly light up upon seeing it.

Mango cream bread - his favorite.

"Haneul," he turned his head to his right side, grinning brightly but soon faded when it wasn't who he thought it was. It was Jeonghee. "Oh.."

The girl was startled. Who wouldn't when someone had mistaken them for someone else and some more, what was wrong with Eric's expression? Wouldn't he glad to see her?

The bread almost fell but Jeonghee was fast to pick up herself. Flashing a smile, she beamed, shoving it into Eric's grasp, "I bought this for you. Your favorite right?"

"Thanks.." for some reason, Eric couldn't break his gaze on the bread. Guilt had been clouding over him and he knew he had hurt Jeonghee somehow. "I'm sorry. Haneul always bought it for me. I don't expect that it's you this time."

She snorted before her laughter erupted.

"Do you think I'm offended?" she asked, slightly wiping the dampness under her eyes due to the heavy laughing. "I'm all okay. I mean everyone knows that she used to buy you that."

Eric breathed out, slightly rubbing his chest. Now he could enjoy his favorite bread with ease. But, before he could unwrap it, Jeonghee had voiced out a request.

"Can I borrow your notes?"

The boy was then being crashed by surprise. His eyes kept blinking as he tried to decipher the situation.

"W-what notes are you talking about?" he questioned, still unable to comprehend. "We... are not in the same major."

"Silly!" Jeonghee remarked, playfully hitting his stomach. "Of course, we are not. That's why I want to borrow your notes. You know, I've forgotten everything Sunwoo taught me that day."

Eric flinched.

So, it wasn't a joke that Jeonghee wanted to learn about coding. She was invested.

"I...can lend you my notes, of course," hesitancy inevitably had sugar-coated his reply, Eric rubbed his nape while chewing the inside of his cheek.