27

Every stomp was furious, full of an emotion that obviously, was anger.

Though he felt hesitant to act this hastily, his body was moving without him having to ask, all movements were controlled by his heart and not his brain.

"Lee Haneul!"

100 meters away from the girl by the driveway, waving at the passing car driven by Hyunjae - carrying both her parents, she flinched when Eric called her name.

Her booted feet turned around, shock-wide eyes instantly softened, the sweet famous smile on her face outstretched by the sight of the boy.

"Eric.." she beamed, slightly springing on her feet.

The boy halted on his track, his heart skipped some beats and all oxygen had intermittently flowed to his brain. All neurons had failed to send any signal, his body had momentarily stopped functioning.

Stop it - he cursed inside his head, truly angry that she managed to find his soft spot. It frustrated him that only her sight managed to make his anger subsided.

Haneul seemed to notice something in his behavior. The way he strangely breathing and how tense his body was when she scooted closer to him.

"You okay?" she asked and Eric awkwardly nodded. But she seemingly was not convinced. "I don't think so."

She halted right in front of him, less than 1 meter gap. She looked up, studying the emotion through his eyes but Eric was praying inside his head, hoping that Haneul wouldn't be seeing his wavered orbs or the abruptly formed beads of sweat all over his body.

He wasn't sure if he could explain himself if Haneul ever asked for an explanation behind his strange composure.

Would she believe him if he said that she was the reason? That her presence near him had triggered his heart to beat abnormally? Or she had urged him to hold her and never let go?

Would she?

But then, while Eric busily instructing his soul to look normal, Haneul's face fell, and her eyes darkened. The boy was slightly taken aback by the glare she shot, however, studying it thoroughly, it wasn't for him.

"You were with her," she spoke lowly, Eric trailed her gaze over his shoulder that ended on the Main Building behind them, right on the third floor.

Jeonghee was glaring back at them.

Bad blood - Eric could've concluded it now. Specifically, when the other girl on the third floor balled a fist and lightly slammed it before she disappeared into the room she was in earlier.

She was flustered when Eric suddenly ditched her and running down, allegedly wanted to talk to Haneul. That name alone was enough to make her angry, the sight of them talking probably had ignited more flames inside her.

"She was returning my notes," Eric pulled Haneul's attention away from the building, the compiled papers floating right on her eye level.

And it was effective.

The glow on her face had back, her once dark eyes had softened, shimmering like a pearl reflecting the sunlight.

Beautiful.

It was then, that Eric remembered why he was here. He was supposed to confront her. Oh, how bewitched he was in her presence that he had forgotten all his plan.

"Your parents were here earlier, right?" he mentioned, Haneul blinked, seemed like she was just being caught.

"Mhm.." she coolly confirmed, the heels of her black boots clicking on the concrete as she started walking.