Chapter 1: Abuja Boy

Surrounded by boxes and scattered clothes, Jessica, Hannah, and Ada were seated. Ada seemed to be distracted by her phone while Hannah folded a t-shirt and gently placed it in an open box, Jessica on the other hand was sitting with her hands crossed. She shot glares at Hannah while scattering the clothes Hannah had already folded.

"You're acting like he's staying forever," Hannah said, visibly frustrated at Jessica's childish behavior. "Behave yourself or I'll go and sleep. You'll pack by yourself."

"Why does he have to stay with you? Is he not your cousin? He should be rich na. Why can't he rent an apartment?" Jessica asked as she allowed Hannah to continue folding.

Jessica has been living with Hannah at their rented apartment since 400 level in the university. The thought of leaving her comfy home to go live with her elder sister made her even more irritated. Why did Hannah's cousin come out of nowhere saying he was going to live with her?

Their home was a two-room en-suite apartment with a small but beautiful backyard. Their monthly allowance from their parents and their salary from their part-time job were used to pay the rent during uni but now in their twenties, they had to work hard to earn their salary to be able to keep the place.

"Why would he rent an apartment when he's just staying here till December?" Hannah closed the box with much force.

Jessica felt a quick headache when she heard that. "But it's September na." Jessica cried.

"Babe, calm down. I came here to help you pack faster so you can leave Hannah and her fine cousin alone. Let Hannah finally have peace of mind without her noisy chihuahua around." Ada said, finally looking away from her phone.

Only Jessica is yet to see Hannah's cousin. Ada had met Hannah's cousin, Ayomide when she escorted Hannah to drop him off at the airport last year December. She had begged countless times to Hannah to set her up with him but Hannah refused. Hannah was older than Ayo with four months which caused her to treat him like her little brother.

"Don't talk to me. Instead of you to help, you were busy texting that barber," Jessica frowned, choosing to ignore the chihuahua's statement "Why did you finally drop your phone? There's no spark again?"

"Idiot. He's not a barber, he was just helping his friend." Ada replied, throwing a piece of folded cloth at Jessica but she dodged it. "And I dropped my phone because I wanted to help my dear friend pack... plus my phone died."

"If you guys scatter these clothes again, the way both of you will cry this night eh." Hannah threatened, grabbing the cloth Ada threw.

The two laughed at Hannah's threat but respectfully arranged the clothes they had scattered while talking. They knew Hannah wasn't violent but she also wasn't a fun sight to see angry so they always tried to keep her calm and luckily for them, Hannah was very patient.

"But honestly, I don't know how you can fall for someone so quickly. Did you not meet the guy last week?" Jessica asked, finally helping out in the packing.

"Did I tell you that I've fallen for him? I'm just getting to know him more." Ada hid a smile while placing a cloth in the box.

"Well done. If you're done blushing, be going home."

Saying this, Jessica was able to make the girls laugh even if it wasn't her intention. Hannah begged them to help so she could go to sleep early but even she knew they would be done by midnight due to the gossip that kept spurring out of their mouths.

Jessica wasn't joking though. She always wondered how somebody could fall in love with someone so quickly. She remembered her last relationship and frowned. The demand for calls every day, the late night text, and when she didn't reply to the messages he thought she was cheating. She couldn't even last over a year before telling him she wanted to break up.