Chapter 9: At The Club

Jessica stared at his hand for a minute before shaking her head, "I can't leave the girls alone. I'm the one that brought them here."

"You can bring them along. We can just chill and watch a movie..." He paused to get closer to her, his breath slow and steady, "even though I prefer if it was just the both of us." He whispered in her left ear, earning a gasp from her mouth as the air tickled her.

"Haha, I'll quickly check Ada and Hannah, I'll ask if they want to come." Jessica rushed back into the club, forcing a laugh.

Closing the door behind her, Jessica paced with her hands on her chest, "This can't be happening."

"What can't be happening?"

She swung her body to face the owner of the voice. With her hands still on her chest she felt her heart beat faster as the man's eyes gazed at her.

"Nice dress." Ayo smiled before putting his hands in his jeans pocket, "Israel's waiting for you outside." He began to walk past her.

"What are you doing here?" Jessica asked, dropping her hands from her chest.

"I was supposed to get you girls but you already have someone waiting for you." Ayo shrugged.

"But we just got here."

"Hannah called, telling me to pick her up by midnight but from how she sounded, it will be better if I pick her up now," Ayo spoke as he watched her nod.

"Sure, Hannah can get wild when drunk but loosen up boy," She patted his shoulder, "Let her finally feel pleasure. You know how tired she gets."

Ayo stayed quiet for a while, admiring the way the dress brought out the curves he hardly noticed due to all the baggy t-shirts she wore, "Aren't you cold?"

"Um, no. I'm fine."

"Okay, if you get sick, don't say I didn't warn you." Ayo frowned before heading into the crowd.

She wanted to follow but a hand was on her waist, she turned and faced Israel.

"Did you talk to them?" He asked, drawing his hands from her waist when he saw her eyes on them.

"No, but I saw Ayo and he said he'll take care of them."

"So...?" Israel smiled.

Jessica observed as he played with the ring on his pinky finger, she recognized that ring. With a smile forming, she parted her lips to speak, "Is that the ring I gave you for our one-month anniversary?" You kept it?

Israel sheepishly laughed, jamming his hands in his back pocket. She felt her stomach twist as she watched his actions.

What are you doing to me, Israel Chukwu?

She sighed, stretching her hand to him, he held it instantly, without a second thought. "Lead the way." Jessica held his hand tighter.

...

"Ayomide Adeolu," Hannah ran to her cousin, hands spread, "Did you know that wine contains antioxidants? You didn't know, dummy." Hannah laughed, embracing him in her arms. "But I can't understand why people have a fear of it. I searched for it, it's called... oenophobia or wait, I think it was acrophobia. Yeah, it was that."

Ayo pulled her hands off him, "Interesting." He looked at Ada while holding Hannah. "What's the celebration?"

Ada shrugged, sipping her wine, "Do I know? I'm just here for the drinks and music. I'm not ready to go yet."

Ayo sighed, nodding, "Okay. Text me, I'll be at the bar."

Ada finished the glass of wine and held Hannah, "Thanks AY. I'll be with Hannah, let her just dance more and mingle with the guys over there." Ada dropped the glass and danced into the crowd with Hannah right behind.