; Forty Two

Chase* I felt something in my hand.
I squeezed it felt like another hand.
I tried to respond but couldn't,I was numb. I couldn't react.
I heard my mom's voice. I heard Ryan crying.

I wanted to wake up. My bladder released.
I felt warmth go around my catheter.

Klaire*
I held Chase's hand and gripped Eric's arm when I felt him squeeze back. What baby? He asked me. Chase squeezed my hand babe. I said sitting up.
Holy shit,mama get on the other side. He smiled at Cindy encouragingly. She did.
Bill watched anticipating. I smiled. Eric held my side firmly in support of my decision to try to wake chase up.
Wake up baby,come on. Cindy kissed his left hand. I run my thumb down his fingers.
Eric kissed my shoulder. Chases hand twitched. I jumped. What is it sweetie? Cindy asked. His hand twitched,Bill come talk to him. I smiled hopeful.
He came over unsure. Ryan watched it all play out.

Hey Chase... Squeeze moms hand if you're going to win the championship race this year. He put his hand on his son's shoulder. Oh my god!! Cindy cried. What? Eric asked.
He squeezed my hand! She cried. Yes!!! Ry jumped a little. I smiled. Chase move your right fingers if you're Klaire's asshole. I teared up talking to him. He did.
Chase! I cried. Eric squeezed me tight. Ryan put his hand on chases left foot. Chase wiggle your left stinky toes if you want to lock bubba in the portapotty Sunday. He chuckled through the endless emotions.
He wiggled his toes. I burst out crying. Eric held me.

Son wake up,you're moms cried enough tears for your golf balls to swim in! Bill laughed trying to make light of the sad situation. He's so bad at golf! Ry chuckled in tears.
God do I know it. Eric said. Bill chuckled,Cindy watched her son limp practically lifeless. I swallowed the lump in my throat. Eric kissed my hand he was holding tight. I bit my lip hard. Gianna come in. I nodded to Ry in the corner on his phone unaware she was there almost beside him.
I sighed. Eric comforted me.
Bill combed his son's hair with his hand nervously.

Chase*
I heard everybody talking to me. I wanted to respond,but I couldn't. I couldn't open my eyes.

His heart rates picking up! Klaire exclaimed excitedly. Doctor! Eric called.
His heartbeats picking up as we talk to him. Klaire said. He's trying to wake up. It's his body trying to react to you. He said checking my monitor. Klaire sounded happy. Gianna was comforting Ryan. I felt like I could move but I couldn't.
I was annoyed. I felt klaire play with my fingers. I heard the nurse and Eric helping him.
I squeezed her hand twice to let her know I was there. Guys he did it again!! He squeezed my hand twice,Chase. She exclaimed cheerful. I heard my monitor beep as my heartbeat was going strong and my oxygen tank whistle as I breathed.
My mom was nervous. My dad helping her but scared.
I wanted to respond. I just couldn't and I really hated that.

Klaire* Guys!! He peed himself,his gowns wet and his bags fuller. I said.
The nurse checked. I'll clean him up. Do you mind? She asked us. Eric helped me up. Can I stay? Cindy asked. Of course. She smiled warmly.
Bill squeezed her shoulders and walked out with us a visible complete mess. I want my son. He cried.
Oh bill! I cried. We shared a moment.

I do too,he's gonna pull through Bill. I just know it... he's got to. I cried hysterically. He cried.
Eric rubbed our shoulders. Bill smiled.
I smiled at him. We hugged.

Chase was cleaned up. Urine bag emptied,fresh gown.
Still out of it. I sighed my bottom lip quivering hard.
Chase wake up please,you're scaring me. I shook holding his hand. Eric rubbed my back. Chase's hand found my thumb and squeezed.
I looked up at him and he was still the same. Immobile and lifeless.
I cried aloud. His oxygen slipped from his nose I stuck it back in.

I was texting my nana when Chase's stomach jolted. Chaser? I asked alarmed.
Chase,buddy. I was worried. His chest relaxed. I looked over him.
He opened his eyes. I cried so hard. Chase! Chase!!! Oh my god...guys he's awake!!!!! I fret. William!!! Oh my god,sweetheart!!!! Cindy cried hugging her son.
Bill cried holding his hand. The doctor come in and said he was breathing on his own and everything was good and stabilized now.
He took him off the oxygen. Chase cried. Gianna pulled me aside and hugged me. We talked,she just wanted some comforting tips. I helped her.
Chase cried so hard as his mom and dad hugged him he was pitiful.
I cried as he seen me standing in front of him making sure it was him and he was ok.