;Nineteen

Klaire* Chase was a visible mess. His hair was a wreck,he'd looked like he just rolled out of bed,his eyes were bloodshot. Chase. Oh my lord. I went and hugged him. He clung onto me like his life depended on it I frowned. Klaire..I just heard what happened. He said his voice groggy. His face pitiful. I hated to see him like this. Chase. Sit down..you're hungover. I said. He sighed and nodded. Ryan was asleep. Eric,how do you feel? Chase asked him rubbing his eyes. Like shit. Eric said simply. Chase chuckled dryly. Bill walked in from the cafeteria and smiled slightly when he seen chase.

Chase*
Ryan! You scared me have to death. I stated. I'm sorry,man. He apologized. Ugh,it's okay. I just feel like I've been hit by a truck. You should've stayed out of the race yesterday...I sighed tiredly. Like hell! You were the one that wrecked. He argued. Don't even go there! I felt my face harden. Ry!! Klaire raised her voice. Well,apparently I was fine to race. He bragged. Ryan. I can't believe you!! Of all people! I narrowed my eyes. Chase....klaire frowned. No. It's ok,I'm leaving... I turned and walked out. Chase! She shouted. I can't believe he just did that to me. I've never been so upset.
I got back in my rv and left the hospital. I turned in my mirror and saw klaire standing outside watching me leave.

My phone started ringing. I answered it knowing I had too when I seen her name,i had to mask my voice. Chase get your ass back here!!! Before I come drag you back! That was not cool,he's vulnerable. He didn't mean a thing he said....she was pissed. Klaire..... I turned down the next road. Chase don't make me get in my car and come get you! It is your decision. She bit. I'm on my way. I sighed. I know that was not cool what he said,but he's just trying to put it in a nicer way that if he hadn't of raced yesterday he wouldn't of won. Yeah klaire,that wouldn't have happened if I wouldn't have wrecked!!! He's practically rubbing it in my face that I did! That was not a nicer way of putting it!! I was crying. Chase don't cry. Get back here and we'll work it out. She said calming.

Klaire* Ryan what the hell? That was not cool. He's furious! He's out front crying!!!! I gritted my teeth. I know I'm a fucking mess!!!! He cried. He's coming back,don't push it. I put my head in Eric's chest as he put his arm around me. Chase walked in his eyes puffy. Chase,don't blow it. Eric said. Thanks Chief. Chase snickered. Dude,I'm sorry. Ryan whimpered. Ryan. Do you realize I could have died in that car? I had to drink my ass off to forget about it! Just to know that I'm still alive! Chase was bawling. I know..Ryan whispered. I can't believe you put me down like that. I know you're hurt,I'm sorry but dammit you could've been a little sympathetic towards me. Not rub it in that you won blaney!!! You practically bragged that I wrecked! He was crying so hard.

Chase...I never meant to hurt you! I'm sorry. I'm fucked up!! That was rude..I know. He said. It's fine Ryan. We've both just had long days and nights and we need to get some sleep. I'm sorry. Chase said giving in. Okay,it's ok. Ryan smiled soft. I curled my face deeper into Eric's chest and he rubbed my shoulder. Klaire,I'm going home. Chase said. Okay. Be careful chase,I'm worried about you! I hugged him. I'll call you when I get home,girl. He rubbed my back. You better Clyde. I stated. He rolled his eyes playfully. Bye. Ryan smiled gently. Bye blaney. Chase smiled. Bye Chief. Chase patted his back. Bye. Be safe. Eric smiled slightly. I will,thank y'all for coming. He said exhausted. Always. Eric smiled. I put my hand on Eric's chest. What did I do last night? Eric asked. I'll tell you later babe! I chuckled. He smiled. Chase was out in the hallway talking to his mom and dad he was so upset.

Cindy cried. I had almost fell asleep standing up when Ryan caught my attention. Go home klaire,you're tired. He said. I nodded. Chief,thank you for coming. He smiled. Of course Ryan. Eric patted his shoulder. The door was open so we could see chase and his parents. Ryan was telling me about the next race in Bristol. We'll come. I have a show in California Friday night,I can make it back by then. Eric and I agreed. Cool. I'll let chase know. He smiled. Awesome! I hugged him. Im sorry klaire. He apologized. It's fine,stop apologizing. I squeezed his shoulder. We walked out to say bye to bill and Cindy.
I frowned at chases upset physique.

Chase it's alright,hey. I hugged him.

His face started to get really pale.

Chase!!! I screamed when he fell on his back. Ryan watched horrified. Clyde! He yelled. I was concerned.
He pissed his pants.
Oh no. Eric said.

He began to shake tremendously.

He's having a seizure. I stated. Chase!! Cindy cried. Bill fret.

Not knowing what to do I pulled him into a hug. Chases eyes they started rolling back in his head. He has a concussion.
This is all my fault! I should be dead!! Dammit. Ryan screamed. Ryan blaney don't you dare say that! This is not your fault...I seethed, my heart pounding out of my chest. My anger flaring. It is!!!! Had I not of treated the way I had?! Acted the way I did. He'd be just fine..but no I had to go and treat him like shit and now look I may fucking lose him. He yelled. Ryan! Stop! Right there,hell he's not going anywhere. He forgave you! You did nothing wrong!!! I cried.
He shook violently I held him in my arms,Eric helped the nurses with chase.

Ryan. Stop,look at me! He's ok. You're okay. My voice shook. He squeezed my arm.

Chase. Good god..I cried as I clung to him. He cried hysterically as he hid his face in my chest.
Your ok. I sobbed.

I shouldn't be. Damn. This isn't right. Ryan's hurt. It's all because of me. I'm letting him down. He's upset. I'm selfish. He cried out loud.