;Twenty Four

Ryan*

Eric was bawling in my arms. I couldn't help the tears slipping from my eyes.
I felt so bad.
I couldn't imagine what he was feeling.

Klaire was like a baby in chases arms who was holding her like he'd just lost her. He was even crying.

Eric. I'm so sorry! I tried to keep the tears at bay. He cried harder.
It was all setting in.

Klaire pulled away and looked at me. Chase nodded.
Eric pulled back and we traded. Anthony watched in awe as driver was a mess.
We could've just lot them. Driver said to Anthony.

I don't even wanna think about that. Anthony said nearly having a breakdown.

Thank you guys for coming!! She cried in my arms. As soon as chase called me of course I was coming!!! I rubbed her back.

She smiled faintly.

Eric* I watched as klaire had a moment with Ryan. Chase stepped out to call his mom. I hated this. I got up the courage and I asked Ryan if I could possibly borrow his phone,I walked out and called her mom & dad. Hello? Machelle answered in question.
Hey Machelle,it's Eric. I'm calling from blaneys phone. I said. Hey Eric! Is everything okay? She asked. Um,well we're at the hospital. Chase and Ryan just got here. Klaire was raped twice today and the guy stabbed me in the chest. I broke down for the umpteenth time this afternoon. Oh my lord!! She gasped. She's ok. Im ok. I just thought I'd let you know!! My voice shook. We're coming down first thing in the morning. She said frantic.
I nodded.

I gave Ryan back his phone and Anthony took me in a hug. I'm glad your ok. He said. Thank you Anthony. I smiled. Eric she wants you. Ryan said softly as he pulled away gently and she smiled at him. Hey baby. I sat down on the bed and she wrapped both her arms around me and tucked her face in my chest crying.
I'm okay,sweetheart. I assured her.

I thought you were dead. She sobbed. We'll go outside and give you some time. Chase motioned out the door. I nodded.

I'm just glad you're okay klaire that could've been bad. I held back my tears. Hold me Eric. She cried. I'm right here. I pulled her into my lap. What happened? She asked. I was downstairs babydoll,getting you some water when I thought I had seen something go by the window outside. I shook it off but then I turned around and was stabbed in the heart. I explained.
She cried harder.

Breathe darlin. I rubbed her back.

I want to go home. She said.

Your parents are coming in the morning. I said. She smiled gingerly. I helped her up. I grabbed her waist softly and put my arm around her to assure her that I was there and we went out with the guys to the car.

Driver thank you for coming when you did. I don't know what I would have done. She hugged him. I was terrified of pulling that knife out but somehow,I did. Anthony admitted.
I smiled.

Klaire* It hurts! I cried. I know baby. I'll help you when we get home..Eric soothed me as we sat in the backseat of chases ZR2. I shook seeing the vision of Eric almost lifeless in the chair and the guy pounding in and out of me. Shhh,I'm right here love. Eric kissed my temple. We're almost there love birds,hang in there. Ryan said. Ryan shut up! Chase slapped his shoulder. I chuckled.
It felt good to laugh.

Eric smiled at me.
I wanted to go home.

I just wanted to hold him.

To know he's there. To feel safe with him.

Chase pulled in Eric's drive and we went inside scotch came rushing to the door. Hey baby! Come on!! I smiled faintly shooing him in the house. Eric smiled seeing his dog.
Scotch was miserable when you were almost gone earlier. I struggled to get out.