; Thirty Five

Eric*
I'm okay babe,you're not losing me. I rubbed klaires back. She nodded.
Put your arms around me. Your not gonna hurt me. I said. She did carefully.

See. I'm right here. I cooed.
I love you. She whimpered. I love you baby. I kissed her head. Stay with me,Eric. She pleaded. I'm right here. I rubbed her back.
Brent came out and gave me a soft smile before going back in. I smiled.

Was that Brentley? She asked. Yes. I kissed her forehead. Bring him back. She said. Brent! I called. He came out.
How did you know? I asked her with a smile. I smelt him. She smiled.
I kissed her head.

I'm sorry I interrupted you. Brent apologized. No you didn't B,she caught your cologne. I chuckled. He smiled. Klaire walked over to him.
Hey klaire. He smiled. Hey Brentley. She bit her lip. Don't cry again. He hugged her. I sat down in my black rocking chair.
Don't ever do that again! She cried. I won't. He sniffled.
Her mom and dad had been out to eat. I texted my mom cause she asked how I was. B sat down on the porch and klaire sat in the swinging bench.
Chase came out and his shirt was dismangled over his head. I laughed so hard my side hurt.
Fuck chase you made my side hurt!! I protested with a laugh.

What the hell happened to you? Klaire cracked up. Ryan. He snarled.
Blaney! She yelled. He came outside.
Ha! He pointed at chase. Chase growled. B laughed.
I shook my head. He fixed his shirt.

Ry what the fuck? Klaire asked. What,he was harassing me. Ryan said. About what? Chase argued. The last piece of breadstick! Ryan said like "duh".
Brent laughed.

Klaire pinched her nose. Ok. Let me get this straight,blaney you mangled his shirt because a piece of a fucking bread? She asked him. He shrugged.
Chase sat down beside me. I smiled apologetically.
Your an idiot. Klaire ruffled rys hair. Where you going? I asked her. In to get a drink. She said.

Can you bring me a beer babe? I smiled. Yep. She said.
I watched her walk inside.

Is she okay? Chase asked. She is now. I said.
He nodded.

It's all my fault. B shook his head.
Brentley stop. I said. I fucked up! He raised his voice. Her parents pulled up in the drive.
Stop acting like a wuss her mom and dad are here!! I said.
He bit his bottom lip.

What's all the yelling out here? Klaire asked handing me my beer.
Thanks babe. Bs beating his self up. I said looking at him.

Damn,stop. B. She shook her head.
Im sorry. He said and walked into the bus. I looked at klaire.

Is he ok? Machelle asked. I smiled at her.
No. He's beating himself up. Klaire smiled sadly. He'll get over it. Her mom said. I hope so. She sighed.
Her daddy ruffled her hair smiling.

Babe come ere. I said with a smile. I moved to the bench. She sat with me and she put her head on my chest. I put my hand on the back of her head. She silently started to cry. Shhh. I rubbed her hair. She wrapped her arms around me careful of my side and lower stomach.
So Eric,how are you feeling? Wayne asked me. Okay. I said.
He smiled.

I looked down at klaire she fell asleep. Wayne watched me. I smiled.
Machelle talked to Ryan.
While chase had moved to the porch cement he fell asleep across from me.

I smiled. Klaire had tear stains on her face.
I put my chin on her head. B come out and I smiled.
Let me have her. I caused this. He sat down by me and I carefully handed her off to him. He smiled softly and looked at me sympathetically. I'm glad you had the balls to do this. I smiled.

I was a dick I admit it! He said.
She didn't move she slept soundly. She caught scent of him and her eyes slowly fluttered open. I smiled.
She looked up at him and smiled. Hey. I'm sorry. He said softly. It's okay. She said tiredly.
Chase let out a snore and we all laughed.