;Nine

Joanna* I can't believe klaire and Eric are engaged. He picked out a beautiful ring with me a few months ago,he's got good taste.
I smiled seeing her so happy when he proposed,I cried when she turned and looked at me.

Chase came up to her and she started crying immediately it was a unforgettable night. I went up to her seeing her by herself looking out at the river. Klaire? I asked. Hey jo!! She turned around. I'm so happy for you! I smiled. Thanks!!! She looked back out at the river the water moving slowly as the wind was not that strong. Are you ok? I asked. Yeah. Why? She gave a soft smile. You seem distant and you're not with Eric. I said,putting my arm around her shoulder. I'm just taking it all in. I can't believe chase is really here. She sighed. He's a great guy,I can see why you'd want a friend like him. I said. Isn't he? She smiled. Yes,let's go see what the boys are doing. It's your party. Let's go! I smiled. She laughed and shook her head following me back up to the crowd. Ryan!!! Fuck off!! She shouted as she seen him hugging Eric,I laughed and noticed chase downing a bud light bottle. Fuck you!! He laughed. Eric chuckled and pulled free grabbing klaire by the arms. She smiled,cuddling her chase stumbled up and kissed Ryan on the cheek as he tried to lick his cheek. I love you!! Chase stumbled. I'm sure you do,Clyde. Ryan laughed. Y'all are gross. Klaire chuckled. No grosser than you two,look at y'all. Chase made a face.

Give me that beer boy. Eric took his bud light from him and downed it sticking his tongue in klaires mouth. Eric! She beat his chest blushing. I turned my head,with a smile. Let me see that rock,girl. Ryan smiled. Klaire held her hand out. Damn Chief!!! He smiled. Smiling klaire put her ring hand on Eric's chest and put her head on his shoulder,he rubbed circles on her back. Oh god...chase mumbled he hurled right on the pavement. Ryan can you come here for a sec? I asked him,motioning towards the water. Yeah jo. He said smiling and followed me to the dock. I stopped and looked at him. What's up? He asked,curious. How long are you and chase here? I asked. Till Thursday morning why? He asked shoving his hands in his front pockets. I was thinking about renting the golf course out just for the day,and it'd be just you four out on the course for the day tomorrow no outside people can come. Some engagement fun for Eric and klaire. I smiled. Yeah. That sounds great! He said with a big smile. Good! I'll do it,I'll call right now. I said. Thank you Joanna. They'll love it,we'll have fun!!! He said smiling. Good. I know you will! I said going in the cabin.

Klaire* chase are you okay? I asked my bestfriend as he fell to his knees dry heaving his breathing ragged. No,I'm fucked up. He said his voice dry. I rubbed his back. Coughing he started sweating. I can't breathe,klaire...he laid down on his back. Chase!! My mom came over. He's drunk,I think he's dehydrated. I said. She noticed where he was sick. She cringed and went to get a washcloth. Take his shirt off,he's sweating bullets! Daddy said,looking him over. My instincts were kicking in I hope that's all it was. Eric was talking with Ryan,they didn't see what was going on over here. Chases eyes started rolling back in his head. Daddy patted him on the cheek,not hard but enough to alert him. Nothing. Oh god. Ryan!!!! I hollered,he looked over and started rushing over. Chase!!! Eric yelled. Mom came out of the house with the cloth. Oh my god,what happened? She panicked. He fainted....I breathed. She handed Eric the wet washcloth and he went over his face with it. Chase. Daddy said calmly. C'mon Clyde. Ryan looked so worried. Wake up bud,we're all here. Eric patted his cheek I fixed his bangs. My heart was hammering out of my chest,I went and got him some water on hand. I brought it out and found him awake Ryan was sitting down his legs spread chases back was pressed against Ryan's chest. Chase!! You scared me. I handed him the water,he chugged it down. I'm sorry..he breathed,his chest was moving up and down rapidly. Breathe chase...take it easy, just relax. Eric soothed. I felt my emotions coming to me. I turned away,my heart heavy. My mom took me in her arms I started crying. Damn my vulnerability. I turned to look at him,he was breathing easy his head back on Ryan's chest his eyes were closed. Eric looked at me pitiful.

I pulled back and went to him. Shh,sweetheart he's ok. He rubbed my back. I know. I cried. He's resting. He said. I was afraid he'd lost too much fluids. I pulled away to look at him. He's fine,baby let him rest. He said. Ryan gave me a soft smile. I nodded. I love you. Eric kissed me on the head. I love you,Eric. I said. Breathe. He said. I'm fine. I took a deep breath. You don't look fine,your pale. He raised his brow. I'm fine baby. I said. Sit down,you're worrying me. He pulled down his tailgate. Eric. I chuckled. Stop. He instructed. Oh my god...I heard chase say then he threw up. Oh no,not again. Eric frowned. I started to get up. Nope. He pushed me back down. I watched in worry. My heart thrumming. He's really dehydrated. Ryan said. No fuck. Eric said sarcastically,Ryan chuckled and handed him the bottle of water. Chase tried to catch his breath and Eric and Ryan tried to help him up. His knees buckled. He was slurring his words. I scooted over,seeing as they were bringing him over here. Is he okay? My friend Lina from work asked me,I work at a music shop downtown Nashville. I know I've never said anything before but I've been on tour with Eric. We both agreed that I should come,and they're paying me so yeah. He's drunk. I said. Oh my god,I see. She said as she seen Ryan cleaning up his mess. I nodded. Eric snickered.

The rain had stopped but I was getting cold,Eric pulled me closer and gave me a kiss. Let's go inside. I said. I seen chase shiver. Ryan put his shirt back on him and Eric got in the drivers seat and I got in the passengers,Ryan closed the tailgate and held chase on the way up to the cabin. Anthony was in there shotgunning a beer with Jeff Hyde. Where's cease? Lee asked. He's still in the water. Ryan said. Eric shook his head. Get him to his room,I'll clean up his beer bottles. Eric said. Okay. Ryan nodded. I helped him get him upstairs,we put him on the bed. I covered him up Ryan took off chases shoes,I smiled. I'll go get our suitcases. Ryan smiled,I nodded. I'll bring a towel and dry his hair. I smiled. Ok. He said. I went in the bathroom,I came out and he was pale. Daddy? I yelled. He come in. He's pale. I said. He brought some more water and I gently woke him to drink it. He was weak,dehydrated to the max. He fell back asleep I rubbed my hands down my face and went downstairs. My grandma and nana were downstairs with driver. I went up behind my nana and hugged her. She smiled,asking if I was okay.

Grandma smiled and I hugged her. Anthony came over hugging me from shotgunning some tequila and I shook my head.

Eric come in with the trash bag and threw it away,I gave him a soft smile ready for bed. Eric's mom was in the kitchen enjoying the desserts while his dad was talking music with Lee. I sat down,holding my head in my hands. I was tired. Exhausted. Today was a good day but I was worried about chase being okay in the morning. I felt a arm around me,squeezing me to them. He'll be ok. Ryan said. I leaned into him. Calm down. He said. I sighed. I'm tired. I muttered. Go get some rest girl,I'll assure Eric. He rubbed my back. Thank you Ryan! Tell everyone I said goodnight,I'm exhausted. Thank you for coming. I smiled. Of course,I couldn't miss it!! He squeezed my hand. I went upstairs and glanced in chases room. He was so peaceful,I gave a weak smile and closed the door gently. I went to bed and laid down thinking about how great today was.