20.

Ellie's POV

8PM

"I'm proud of you guys. Even though we got disqualified from today's games I'm still proud y'all stuck together and one brother was torn down and you guys all picked him up including the girls. Whether y'all like it or not y'all are family because y'all stuck together when it was most important." Coach Ike said standing as we were all gathered around the table before dinner. We were in a meeting room at the hotel. Instead of going out to eat they ordered good food and brought the restaurant to us.

"Girl's y'all one hell of a group of managers, when I was in highschool we had the girl managers that didn't want to get their hands dirty. But hell we got Dee slanging men, you my hyperactive queen." He said making a gesture as if he was crowning her. "Then we got my number one princess who jumped in first on the female side." He said, pointing at me causing me to point back. "Then we got our other feisty princess who was on go as soon as she saw what type of timing folks was on." He said, patting Alissa's shoulder.

"I don't condone more suggest violence but, y'all defended yourselves as a team. Unc on the boat with the chair would be proud." He said, causing everyone to laugh. After his little speech we all sat down with our plates and everyone seemed to know the drill. "Who wants to lead us in prayer?" Coach asked. We always did two prayers as it was since we had those of no faith, those who were christian and Musa and his father who were muslim.

"I'll Lead." I said standing up.

(WARNING! If you aren't these two religions or not religious at all and you find this offensive please skip over the next two paragraphs. I want everyone to read this and be comfortable.And if I get the wrong indication of the muslim prayer and anyone knows it please tell me and I will fix it.)

I held Jace's hand who was to the right of me and Nick's who was to the left. I waited till everyone joined hands and began. "Everyone bow your heads please, Dear Lord, we thank you for the food before us, the hands who serve us, and the people who support us. Thank you for our coaches, please grant them wisdom, thank you for our families please grant them peace, and thank you for this team, please keep us safe and heal us from today's tragedies. May this meal be nourishment to our bodies, may we be strengthened by our time together win or lose and may we show self control with grateful hearts. In Jesus' name we pray Amen."

"Amen." Everyone said in sync.

Everyone automatically fell silent as Rahaim started. "Bismillahi Wa barakatillah." He said as everyone repeated after him as a sign of respect. He sat through our prayers so of course we showed respect to him. "Not gone lie you need to say the prayer everytime Ellie I aint even know you had that in you Holy women." Phil said, everyone agreed that to me that was just a chill little prayer I can really get like a pastor in her.

After we finished prayer we started to feast on the meal at hand. We had a choice of baked chicken or steak , some fancy looking corn , greens , and yams. If this meal wasn't somebody's grandmother's cooking I don't know what was but it was delicious.

Jace's POV

==============================
"So I talked to Meg and we decided to Expand our AAU team to adults. So now if you guys do want to play for me in the summer you can." Coach Ike said as if we didn't ask him to make that shit happen. This was our last year together and it felt like our last ride so when he said that it looked like everyone was gone burst into tears because we've been playing like this.

"But under one condition. We had a raw female energy on the team that's no longer here. I'm hearing we got two females on the team who ball but act like they don't want nobody to know." Coach Ike said, directing his attention to Dee and Ellie. Ellie choked on her water then cleared her throat. "Excuse me ?" she said , her ass knew were coach was going. I don't even know why stink was acting dumb.
"Yeah y'all need to be my female energy. At first I didn't really think it would be a good idea to put a female on the team but y'all got these boys backs I think y'all would be a good addition. Y'all still got to try out though." He said pointing at them.