Chapter 35

On a sweltering summer afternoon, the scorching sun mercilessly beat down with its rays searing everything in its path. The air was thick and heavy with humidity, Rajasthan could get very hot.

Ayaana wiped off the sweat on her forehead as she patiently waited for the kids to come out from their school building.

The twins had just started kindergarten, even though Ayaanshi and Abhiyansh were overjoyed hearing they would be accompanying their brothers to school. Abhiraj was not very fond of the idea of sending his daughter away.

Abhiraj was the strict parent who really cared about the kids' studies, but honestly, he was secretly afraid. The world wasn't the safest place for a woman or a girl child to live in and even though it's hard for him to accept it, the truth is always bitter.

Ayaana smiled when she saw her kids coming in but her smile dropped when she saw her daughter's red swollen face, tears streaming from her doe eyes. Abhimaan held her hand as he tried to console his sister. Ayaana quickly went to them and picked up her crying daughter.

" Kya hua?" She asked as she tried to console her sobbing daughter.

The little girl just snuggled into her mother's chest as she tightly clutched onto her mother's arms.

" Ansh?" 

" Don't know. Sister crying no saying."

Ayaana and Abhiraj were always worried sick for their daughter who was born with a weak immune system and used to get sick quickly.

That's when Ayaana noticed her daughter's body felt warm, really warm.

" Ansh when did sister start crying?" Ayaana asked as they settled in the car.

" umm before hum bahar aye, Ma'am told head down we go home. Sister was quiet today. "

" Mumma Is Ayaanshi fine?" Abhimaan asked.

" Yeah maybe she has fever. Nothing too serious."

When they arrived at their house, Ayaana strictly ordered the kids not to be too loud. She changed her daughter's clothes and took out the medical box which had the thermometer. Switching it on she gently placed it under her daughter's armpits.

102°F it read.

Ayaana sighed knowing it was going to be a long week for them, when her daughter got sick she didn't get well really soon. She quickly filled a bowl with water and bought a cloth so she could dampen it and place it on her forehead. After making sure her daughter was in deep sleep she checked on the boys who had already had their food and we're playing among themselves.

She quickly prepared something light for Ayaanashi as she always threw tantrums towards food when she was sick.

" Ayaanshi get up please have food then you need to take medicines."

" No!" The little girl whined

" Ok then don't take your medicines, be sick until your baba is home and he'll carry you to the hospital." Ayaana said as she knew her daughter would be at any place except at the doctor's. Abhiraj if he found out she was sick they were bound to visit the hospital.

" Nuu hospital."

" Then please eat something and have your medicine."

Ayaana fed the little girl some food and her medicine with a lot of difficulty, she then put the little girl back to sleep.

" Mumma what happened?"

" Nothing Ayu just has a little bit of fever. She'll be fine. Go finish your homework before your baba gets home."