Chapter 1

Abhiraj sat in his usual spot in the dining room. He placed his son on his lap talking to him. Soon enough he saw his wife entering the dining table with breakfast in one hand and the other holding their son.

She placed the food on the dining table and made their son sit on the table.

She was about to serve her husband when he stopped her.

"Apne Nashta kar liya?"

( Did you have your breakfast)

" Hum baad mein kha lenge ap ko aur bacho ko parosne ke baad."

( I'll have my breakfast once I serve you and the kids. )

"Hum Abhimanyu ko khila denge aur Abhimaan khud kha lega tum pehle kha lo. Hum khud ko nashta parose denge."

( I'll feed Abhimanyu and Abhimaan can eat by himself. Don't worry I'll serve myself, you eat)

" Par-"

( But -)

He gave her the look leaving no final room for arguments.

After being married for almost 7 years sometimes you don't need words to communicate. You understand your partner by their actions and facial expressions.

He saw how tired she looked but he knew she wouldn't eat until the family is fed even while pregnant.

It was nearly 9 and the boys leave for school at 10 with their father. He would drop them at their school on the way to the office.

Abhimaan was in grade 1 while Abhimanyu had just started nursery.

She got the boys ready while their father was waiting downstairs for them after having breakfast.

Getting Abhimanyu ready was the biggest task. He hated being away from his mother so did Abhimaan but with one glare from Abhiraj, the children would quietly shut up and get ready.

She accompanied the kids to her husband's car and waved them off. Ayaana sighed watching her kids and husband leave the palace with many cars tailing in front and behind them.

Ayaana had a good relationship with her in-laws and brothers-in-law, especially her mother-in-law who was like her best friend and helped her a lot when she had gotten married and still getting used to her new lifestyle.

Ayaana came from a well-off family. Her father met her father-in-law in some meeting and they both connected and became good friends. Her father-in-law was the one who had proposed the idea of getting their children married to each other. He had seen and met Ayaana when he was invited to dinner at her father's house. Her father-in-law instantly took a liking to her.

" Did the kids leave?" Ishani asked her daughter-in-law.

" Ji maa they left just know. What will you and paa have for lunch?"

" Chup kar look at you, you look so weak have you been taking your vitamins on time?"

" Ji maa it is just nausea."

" Go take some rest the maids and I will manage lunch today so you can rest. " Ishani told Ayaani brushing her hair.

Ayaana smiled at her mother-in-law and went to her room to take a nap.

Around 3 the kids came back from school with their grandfather who had come to pick them up. They frowned seeing their Dada sa. Usually, after school, it was their mother who picked them up.

" Don't wake your mother up, she is tired okay?"

The boys nodded their heads and changed into their home clothes and went directly to their parent's room.