Chapter 31

Abhiraj caressed Ayaana's pale cheeks, he hated this. Seeing her in this state, he hates it all.

" I know who did this." A voice spoke from behind.

" What the fuck are you doing here you bastard!" Abhiraj whisper-yelled.

" I know who did this the man repeated. "

" Get out or I'll slit your throat." Shahzain roared.

" I swear I'm not lying I know who did this!" The man once again claimed.

Shahzain had enough he was about the punch him when Abhiraj spoke.

" Who did it?"

" Shaurya." Alvin spoke.

Abhiraj chuckled listen to the name.

" My own friend betrayed me? You want me to believe it?"

" I have all the proofs, I didn't know he would try to kill your wife, he only told me that he would take her with him."

" Stop, please leave. " Abhiraj said. He was in a state of dilemma. It had been six hours since he had known about Ayaana. His phone was blaring with messages from his parents asking where he was and was there daughter-in-law okay. Yet he couldn't muster up the courage to tell them that Ayaana's life was hanging by a thin rope and he could loose her any moment.

" Cafe Table Top that's where he had called her." Alvin said.

" He.. he promised me with my ancestral property papers if I helped framing your brother for abducting Ayaana and tell you he's mentally ill. Those papers were with your brother given to him by my late brother after his death. My parents knew my greed so they named it all under my brother. I.. I killed my brother he knew it it was coming so gave it to Vivaan. Please believe me I..I...I'm sorry I didn't want to ruin a family." Alvin said as sobbed and fell on his knees.

" You put my wife's life in danger for a few property papers?" Abhiraj asked in disbelief.

" no no I swear I didn't know he would kill her, I.. I... I'm sorry." The man said crying.

" Shahzain can you get me the CCTV footage of this cafe. If what this bastard is saying is the truth I'll kill Shaurya with my own hands." Abhiraj spoke in his stern voice.

After they left Abhiraj let his tears fall freely, after he had fallen in love with her he knew one day she would leave. He prayed to the almighty to take him first and then her as he couldn't bear the death of his beloved.

With trembling hands he dialled his father's number to inform him about the accident and also his father-in-law.

" Ayaana meri baath sun Rahi ho? Uth jao na please. Don't punish me it hurts so much please wake up."

( can you hear me? Get up please)

" Think about our kids especially Maan and Manyu they'll be so sad when they see their mother like this. You can't leave Ansh and Ayaanshi like this, you can't let them be motherless can you? You need to wake up. "

All Abhiraj could hear was the beeping of machines, it was so silent that it was suffocating him.

After an hour or two his parents rushed in with the kids.

" How is she?" His father asked worry laced his voice.

" Critical."

" Was there any trauma to any vital organs?"

" They said the bag helped, but since they bought her in late it's critical. The kids?"

" Outside with your mother, we told them that Ayaana wasn't well and has to stay in the hospital for a while."