Chapter 8

The kids came back for dinner with Vivaan from the mall. They directly went to their parents' room to show what their Chachu had gotten them. 

Abhiraj told the maids to bring dinner for them in the room itself. Vivaan and the kids started telling Ayaana all the things they had done in the mall.

" Mama humne bohot games khele aur fir chachu ne hume toys bhi dilaye" Abhimaan narrated.

" Ha par ice cream ke liye mana kar diya. Chachu ne kaha ki baba ne mana Kiya hai" Abhimanyu complained to his mother pouting.

Ayaana laughed at her son's antics and looked at her husband typing something on his laptop.
Soon the dinner arrived and Vivaan also joined them as he had no mood to hear another set of taunts.

Vivaan left for his room after having his dinner. He so wanted to leave the palace for a few days and leave till his bua and dadi go but he knew that Abhiraj would sometimes have to leave for his office and he wanted to be there for Ayaana so no one could harm or say anything to her.

Meanwhile, Abhiraj changed the kids into their pajamas as they were sleeping with them.

" Ajao mama ke paas!" Ayaana told and the kids came running to her. Abhimaan slept on Ayaana's right and Abhimanyu on her left. Abhiraj rolled his eyes seeing the scene in front of him.

After the kids slept Ayaana waited for her husband to come to join them.

" Ayaana so jao Jaan hume vakt lagega kaam khatam karne mein."

"Nahi ap bhi aye fir he hum sone jayenge."

" Tikh he baba ata hu mein." He said and moved to their washroom to get ready for bed.

By the time he came back, Ayaana had already fallen asleep. Abhiraj went towards her and kissed her baby bump and slept beside Abhimanyu.

The morning sun shone over the Mewar palace brightly waking up the members. Ayaana and her children were going out to the dining room to have breakfast.

Abhiraj was frowning sitting in the corner.

" Abhiraj ji Jane dejiye na."

" Tum aise bol rahe ho ki hum nahi bole toh tum Rukh jaogi."

" Acha nahi lagta aur hum to Rani hain na."

" Isliye bol rahe hain mat jao koi kuch nahi puchega tumse."

" Hum Jaa rahe hai "

Abhiraj sighed and followed Ayaana and the children to the dining room.

She saw that her in-laws and brother-in-law along with dadi and Bua were already waiting for them, the boys sat in their usual places while Ayaana sat beside the head chair.

Abhiraj sat on his chair and Ayaana signaled the servants to bring the breakfast.  Ayaana glanced at her husband to study his face but that cold rock husband of hers was just staring at his plate blankly.

"Namaste Dadi Namaste Bua" Ayaana greeted.

Jayanti and Bimala Devi just ignored her and kept eating their breakfast without saying anything.

" Ye kya khana bana hain. Na tikh se namak dala hai na mirch hain." Jayanti announced taunting Ishani who had prepared today's breakfast as Ayaana couldn't stand for long hours.

" Apko khana na pasand aya ho to kitchen khula hai khud bana lijiye. Hume or Bhai sa ko aise khane ki adat hain." Vivaan said to which she shut up and did not say anything further.

It was quite unusual that Bimala Devi sat quietly for so long or she was just afraid of opening her mouth in front of Abhiraj.

Vivaan on the other hand had different plans for the ladies today. He had sworn to himself that this would be the lady's last visit to the palace as he would make the palace a living hell for them.