41' Tick-Tock, The Clock

Word count: 1.7K

——————————————————

Y/N's POV:

Earlier today

It's the day of the function and I'm in my designated room, sitting on my bed. I've been thinking about Maya's offer and I can't help but agree with her.

I didn't have a choice but to make a deal with her because I was slowly losing hope.

It's been four days, over half a week, since I've been kidnapped and there was no sign that I'd be saved at all. So I couldn't just sit and wait for the Choi's to kill me here. I had to act.

Maya's plan was the closest thing there was to a successful escape.

I hear a knock on my door and I roll my eyes because they usually just barge in, I'm kidnapped after all.

"Y/N it's me." Someone whispers and I recognize the voice.

Oh yes, Lu, Maya's personal maid was the only one who knocked before entering my room.

I open the door slowly, allowing her to enter with Maya who follows behind her.

"Today's the day. Remember the plans." Maya tells the both of us.

Lu was in on the plans too because she'd be with me at all times. She was loyal and could be trusted too.

"Uhh yeah," I hesitate because I forgot to ask her about one thing. "About the human trafficking..."

I trail off, unsure of what I should say because I'm afraid she'll mysteriously switch on me. I mean, despite being a secret agent, she was still a multimillionaire or something. And I just couldn't trust rich people.

All except for Chenle. And the others.

"Don't worry, it's just a facade I did in front of them, to make them believe I'm equally evil." Maya assures me.

Lu even backs her up by nodding. "Yes, I've been with Maya for a while now, she'd never."

I have to admit that, that is absolutely believable. Because no one let's their servant address them by their first name, except for kind employers.

Like Renjun. Nara always addressed him informally.

Lu then walks over to me and takes my hands in hers. "Please, we're counting on you to bring her back." 

I nod, profusely. I don't know why but I now have the sudden urge to succeed. A little girl's life is in my hands.

Later on. 

Lu, the dancers and I have reached the venue at exactly the time Maya predicted we would.

I follow the dancers and the make up artists towards the dressing rooms. Over there, they dress me up and get me all ready for...

Showcasing? I don't know but all I know is that I'm wearing something really strange, like a belly dancing outfit. Just that this one is covered up.

It consists of a top with a decent cleavage, and a matching flare pants that holds me right at my ankles.

It's not too revealing and it's definitely pretty on me, but something new. The stylist adds a number of noticeable jewelry to my outfit. Anklets, earings and a necklace. They even add bracelets on top of the one Renjun gave me.

I don't mind because I'm glad they didn't make me take it off.

Lu approaches me after they're done with me. "Now." She whispers in my ear.