40' Mission Accomplished

Word count: 1.7K

——————————————————

Renjun's POV:

Finding Y/N resulted in my brain functioning normally at last. Well, at least rationally, which I consider to be normal.

After having her in my embrace for a while, I figured we'd have to do something about the time bomb first. It wasn't activated but it was making Y/N anxious.

I've never had to deal with such a situation before, so I decide call the one who knows about it. Meanwhile, I'm busy finding an escape route out of the bathroom and into a secret place.

It isn't hard to find, seeing how there are windows in every corner of this place. I shift my gaze to Y/N who looks worried every time she hears a sound.

I sigh while internally cursing at anyone who might have caused her any harm, especially mentally.

"Let's go." I extend my hand towards her and she stares at it hesitantly before shifting her attention back to the door.

Realistically, it's only been a minute since that lady has left so it would take a while for her to get back. Although, Y/N keeps thinking that she'll probably burst in here with a bunch of people to catch us.

Y/N finally takes my hand at her own will, so I smile because I wanted her to make the decision for her self. I wanted her to feel sure about this. Of course if she didn't agree, I'd still drag her with me either way. But I had hope that she'll do it willingly.

And here we are.

It was really easy to exit the place secretly and we landed safely, outside of the building. Towards what I think would be the back door.

I feel Haechan tap into the call, after receiving it. The 'ping' sound tells me that.

"I found Y/N." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding ever since we exited the building.

Y/N's hand is practically glued to mine while I lead her all the way to our car.

Haechan immediately disconnects the call, disappointing me. He must've been overwhelmed.

Once we reach the car, I turn to Y/N, and ask her to remove the facial shawl she's been wearing. Until now I'd only seen half her face, ever since I found her.

"I-... I'd rather stay with it." Y/N says in a small voice.

"Are you hiding something?" I ask after noticing her trying to avoid my gaze.

She immediately shakes her head and then realizes that she has done that a bit too fast. Which will further drive my suspicion.

It does.

Y/N ends up untying it herself and reveals her face to me.

Her cheeks tell me that she is a bit flustered and I notice a hint of dried blood at the corner of her mouth, but other than that she looks exactly the same.

I figure that commenting anything this soon might trigger her so I don't. Instead, I focus on other matters. Like, how did she manage to activate the bracelet?

"I don't know. I was looking at it, sure that you'd track me but after a day had passed, I realized that I had to do something. So I inspected it and found this." Y/N lifts her hand and shows me a button.

Of course, how could I forget to tell her about that? I had installed it there myself, incase I couldn't find her, she would send me a signal instead.

"And I didn't realize we were all the way in China." Y/N's face lightens up. "I only found out recently."