KAPITULO DIECINUEVE

‘FIRST, CONNOR was fainted, and then Grey lost his consciousness too, what was really happening?’ Bryc asked to himself while they are looking at Grey and Connor who was in the same room as Mister McQuoid saw Grey was brought to hospital thought, Mister McQuoid was sitting beside Connor while his arms was crossed and his eyes was close because he was sleeping.

‘Bakit ba pumunta si Grey sa lugar na ‘yon? That was abandoned chapel of Mister McQuoid’ Hiro asked while frowning. However, as natural as it is, Alistair was calm and just reading a newspaper again while a cup of coffee was on his side. He was hunching but he wasn’t sure.

‘Yeah, that was the same query that lingering in my mind because I know Grey wasn’t fond of going to churches. Iyon nga ang isa sa lugar na ayaw niyang puntahan sa buhay niya’ pagsang-ayon naman ni Sam. ‘I just saw him shivering while entering a church once so what’s wrong with him that he entered that chapel?’

‘I heard, Mister McQuoid was about to demolish that chapel but I don’t have an idea on why his interest was caught by that’ Alistair commented calmly and bluntly without showing any emotions. They all turned their gazes to Alistair but Alistair feel them but he didn’t bother to turn his gaze to them.

‘You know, nobody can answer all your queries but only Grey’ Khairro remarked and they didn’t responded to it as they knew that he was right. But they are just trying to predict it so that they can’t be surprise to his explanations.

Minutes had passed and the only noise that can be heard from the inside of the room was the flipping page of the newspaper of Alistair, the sounds of him sipping from his coffee, the sound of the deck of playing cards of Bryc every time he shuffled it, the tapping sounds of the foot of Khairro on the marble pavement, and other noises and sounds that they produced based on what they are doing.

Bryc, who was playing with his cards accidentally turned his gaze to Grey who slowly opening his eyes and groaned in his hoarse voice.

‘Grey… was already awake’ he informed his friends and he stood up. They rushed towards Grey except Alistair. They saw Grey slowly opening his eyes and he hissed when he saw the faces of his friends. He held his chest and crumpled his hospital sleeping night patient attire. His heart skips a beat when he was shocked to what he saw.

‘Hey, Grey, what happened to you last night? Why are you fainted? Why are you there in the tower—’

‘Hey’ Khairro paused Hiro from asking too many questions. Napakarami nitong katanungan at tila mas sumasakit pa lalo ang ulo ni Grey dahil sa ginagawa nitong pagtatanong at sa uri ng pagtatanong nito na parang ginigisa siya sa interrogation room. ‘Don’t ask too much, he just woke up earlier’

‘It’s the same thing. You will also ask him after all’ Hiro defended himself. ‘So since you are awake, answer my queries’ Hiro seemed nonchalant but they knew why he was asking about it. And it was because Hiro was worried about him.

Grey stretched his arms and head as it feels aching. Grey slowly sat in his hospital bed and roam his eyes around. He didn’t answer the query of Hiro as he still can’t process it in his mind. Grey yawned and look at himself. He was wearing a night attires. Stripe cotton pants and stripe sleeping polo shirt. However, his brows knitted as he analyzed that he was in the hospital.

Bahagya pa niyang inilibot ang kaniyang mga mata sa buong paligid at napansin nga niyang nasa hospital nga siya subalit bakit siya nandito at paano siya napunta sa hospital na ito? May nangyari bang hindi maganda sa kaniya kagabi?

Duon ay bigla niyang naalala ang mga nangyari kagabi. Naalala na niya na pumasok pala siya sa isang chapel sa loob ng pagmamay-ari ni Mister McQuoid. Naalala niyang may naririnig siyang tunog ng kampana mula ruon subalit may nakita naman siya sa kaniyang vision ukol sa pagkamatay ng ina ni Connor na si Cannary at and pagkamatay ng isang babaeng hindi niya kilala.