KAPITULO CINCO

NAPANSIN NI CONNOR ang mariing tingin sa kaniya ng mga tao sa paligid ng maglakad siya tungo sa gymnasium upang um-attend ng practice nila para sa susunod nilang laban. Nananakit pa ang katawan niya at pakiramdam niya ay mababali ang katawan niya sa sobrang sakit nito dahil sa mga nangyari.

Hindi pa niya alam ang nangyari kahapon at ito ang unang beses na pumasok siya matapos ang nangyaring insidente sa Taal Volcano. Napasarap ang tulog niya kaya anong oras na siyang nagising at napasarap ata ang panaginip niya na nasa katauhan siya ng isang babae mula sa pre-Spanish colonization sa bansang Pilipinas.

His brows knitted as he saw a couple of eyes was on him and their attention was caught every time he was walking in the hallway. He was used to that as women always talks about him and people, students and teachers always talks about him as he was a famous basketball player in their school.

However, this time, people and students around was looking at him like they was fuzzing around and making some rumors and babblings around when he was walking. Strange, yes it is, but he ignored it and just walked inside the basketball team locker in the gymnasium.

He changed his clothes with his basketball attire. He walks inside of the gymnasium and his teammates look at him. It was normal but then stopped when they were laughing and talking to each other while looking at him. What’s with this day that made them laughing whenever they are seeing me? And sometimes, they are making some babblings around whenever he was walking and it was a real strange. Is it because what happened last night? I don’t think so.

Connor held the ball and made his jump shots but he was frowning as his teammates was continuing laughing while looking at him. It was obvious that they are talking about him but he can’t understand why. He made another jump shot and it went in. He halted when his teammate suddenly laughed.

‘Buti marunong ka ng mag-basketball ulit, Connor? Akala ko nabagok iyang ulo mo kaya nakalimutan mo na kung paano maglaro’ matapos niyon ay nagtawanan ang mga ito.

Connor didn’t know what’s happening but he furrowed his forehead and lifted his left brow. What’s with this fucking person telling to me? Wala naman siyang naaalalang ganuon pero ano ang sinasabi ng mga ito? He walked towards them when they didn’t stop from laughing.

‘What are you talking about?’

Samuel halted from laughing and looked at Connor. Samuel thought that there is someone that committed shameful things than him. Samuel spread his arms on Connor’s shoulder and spoke while he can’t stop from laughing.

‘Yesterday, you look weird. You don’t know how to play basketball, nor even know where to go in this school’ duon lamang kumunot ang nuo ni Connor. Because last night, he remembered that they were in a game and playing basketball. The accident occurred yesterday so what was this people’s talking about? ‘Ang baho mo pa magsalita. Usually, you don’t use Tagalog language, but you look like an old person with your words. Akala ko nga, prank mo lang, but you seemed not. May mga words ka pa nga na hindi ko maintindihan dahil sa sobrang lalim. Sabihin mo nga, nabagok ba ‘nung naaksidente ka?’ muling nagtawanan ang mga ito at pakiramdam ni Connor ay niloloko na naman siya ng mga ito.

‘Fuck you, don’t jest’

They didn’t listen to him, instead they even made some jokes about what happened to him yesterday. His face was serious and curious while his both brows was knitted. He was clueless and didn’t had any idea to what his teammates was saying.

‘Kahit nga pagpunta sa restroom, sa babae ka ng restroom pumunta’ Grey laughed like there is no tomorrow. ‘Nasampal ka tuloy ng isang babae kahapon’

‘He even don’t know to go to our class room yesterday, and he even don’t know where the canteen is.’ Sabat naman ni Bryc. ‘Ewan ko ba pero pati pag-uwi niya hindi niya alam. He was amazed and dazzled to the huge buildings like he was from a province. Fuck man, what happened to you? That was so hilarious’