KAPITULO DIEZ

‘I REALLY can’t remember that I did that. I fucking just remember what happened on Friday on March, which happened one day ago from today. But yesterday,’ He shook his head while facing a woman psychiatrist who seemed aged with thirty plus. ‘I can’t remember even just a little of it’

The psychiatrist heave a deep breath and stared at him firmly. Connor was leaning on the backrest of his chair while the psychiatrist was in front of him with a table in between of them. But the psychiatrist was staring at him like it wasn’t believing his words.

Connor only steeple his fingers while shaking his head and his face was the proof that he was also vexing by what happening to him. He wasn’t lying to anyone as he was telling the truth that it was really happening to him. That everyone around of him was telling that he did something yesterday that he can’t remember that he did that.

‘You know, there is times that we really can’t remember anything or something that happening to us. Like, doing something that we don’t know that we can do’ Connor halted from steepling his fingers. He looked at the psychiatrist and she was staring at him firmly.

She fixed his spectacles and put down her pen in the table along with a papers, note books, and books.

‘Sometimes there is a point in our life that we can’t remember what we have done. Just like an early dementia that—’

‘Nah, I am sure that it wasn’t dementia. I can’t remember anything from what happened yesterday. Like everything’ Connor cut off the psychiatrist and the psychiatrist only listen to his words. ‘It is like the day of Saturday of four of March seems like didn’t happened. Like everything that they say wasn’t in my memory—’

‘Then maybe your friends is just playing with you’

‘Nah, it wasn’t only my friends who told me that. Also the janitor. They told like I was different like I become different like… Like I wasn’t Connor, like there is a different person in me.’ Connor took his back from the recliner and put his hands on the table of the psychiatrist. ‘It seems like the day of March four didn’t existed in me even my friends told me that I did something nor I existed normally yesterday but acted strangely.’ The psychiatrist furrowed and when he was about to speak, the psychiatrist commenced first.

‘Maybe you are drugged yesterday?’ he gaped and knitted his brows at the second time. Drugged? No it was impossible. The only thing he remembered is the accident on the day of March three and then nothing more from that. However, he dreamt of something while he was on his subconscious after the accident. ‘That’s why you are acting strange. Maybe you shouldn’t consult me mister McQuoid, but you should have consulted to a doctor and not a psychiatrist like me’

Connor shook his head while his eyes was close. He open it up and his face was dead serious that there is no hint of playing games.

‘I’m not drugged or anything except someone put a drug on my body while I was on the accident of mine or in the glass of my liquor’ he explained and he already thought that before. But he seemed not drugged as the scenes that happened wasn’t perfectly matching to the fact that he was drugged. ‘On the day of March three, I was on the accident after we won a game in Batangas. We get drunk and Alistair and I was chased by men in black. They shot me in my chest and after that, I don’t know what happened next. But I just dream of something and when I wake up, I was in my room without any bandages in my body nor even single stiches of the wounds in my body’

That was right, he only woke up from his bed this morning and he was suspiciously without any bandages and even stiches or even wounds in his body. That’s when he felt suspicious happened to him but he ignored that. And the next thing he knew is people are telling him that today was five of March and he did lots of things yesterday that he can’t remember anything from it. That was strange.