KAPITULO ONCE

‘I WAS… I was looking for Don Basilio and Señorita Esperanza, I have an important thing to discuss to the both of them’ Mycroft answered the query of Señorita Isabel when she asked why he was there. But the smile on Isabel’s face didn’t vanish while she was staring at Mycroft.

Mycroft give a glimpse to Dolores and Dolores just looked away as she caught Mycroft looking at her. Mycroft was a man who once fall in love with a woman who named Dolores when he first encounter her in his first visit here in the Philippines but when the fact that he was a Viscount and a Marquise, Dolores decided to take a distance between them.

That’s when he tried to interact to Esperanza and tried to fall for her, but when he was, her feelings for Esperanza halted as he saw Dolores today and fall for her for the second time again but their position in this society was giving them borders to each other.

‘Wala pa si Don Basilio, at Dolores, tawagin mo na si Esperanza at sabihin mo na hinahanap siya ng ginoong si Mycroft’ utos sa kaniya ni Isabel at tumango lamang siya ngunit ang mga mata ni Mycroft ay nanatiling nakatuon sa kaniya. ‘Huwag ka ng tumayo riyan at sundin mo na ako’ tumango siya at naglakad na palayo sa kanila.

Nawala ang tingin ni Mycroft sa papalayong si Dolores ng kumapit sa kaniyang balikat si Isabel habangnakangiti. Peke siyang ngumit ng ngumiti ito sa kaniya at muling bumaling sa direksiyon na tinahak ni Dolores ngunit wala na ito at hindi na niya ito muling nasilayan.

‘Perhaps, we can eat a breakfast together’ pangungumbisi sa kaniya ni Isabel at sasagot na sana siya subalit hindi na siya nakasagot ng hilain na siya ni Isabel patungo sa koridor kung nasaan ang kainan at mahabang lamesa. Seems like our second encounter was hell. Perhaps…my feelings was becoming fresh again…Dolores. Even he knows that their love would be bounded, he was still happy that he still loves her and that made him beamed latently.

As they went to the long table, Lord Mycroft had no choices but to sit in one of the chairs too. However, his eyes settled to Dolores. He was secretly staring at him and with her single expressions and gestures was giving him happiness.

‘Where did Don Basilio went to?’ tanong ni Mycroft at napatitig kay Dolores habang nakayuko ito na hinainan siya ng isang plato na may iba’t ibang disenyo. ‘I thought he knows that we had a meeting to each other? And also Esperanza’

‘They may be busy to their private things, but you can wait for them here as long as you want, Lord Mycroft.’ Alam ni Mycroft ang lihim na pagtingin sa kaniya ng dalagang ito na anak ni Doña Isadora. Ngunit alam niyang ang puso niya ay nabibilang na sa isang dalagang alam niyang napakaimposible para sa kaniya na makasama niya hanggang sa dulo. Alam niyang hanggang ngayon ay iisang tao lamang ang siyang nagmamay-ari ng kaniyang puso at iyon ay si Dolores. ‘When did you arrive in the Philippines, Lord Mycroft?’ Napatingin siya kay Dolores ng umalis ito at nagtungo sa kusina kung saan hindi na niya ito nakita pa.

‘I just arrived, one day ago’ he answered the query of Isabel and Dolores was starting to panic as Señorita Isabel was looking for Señorita Esperanza that she can’t find to anywhere. She tried to find her in the whole place of the white house and to the gardens of Señorita Esperanza but she failed. ‘I heard a news that Señorita Esperanza and Don Basilio was going to the Manila once again after their vacation here, that’s why I came back here to try to escort them with my people so that they will be safe to go home’

Dolores can still hear their conversation however, she was busy looking for Señorita Esperanza. She was looking to all of the rooms, places, and the different parts of the house of Don Basilio, but she was failed to see Señorita Esperanza.

She came back to the room of Señorita Esperanza but she didn’t saw her their even her shadow. She was baffled to where Señorita Esperanza went and it was new for her that the Señorita went out without telling it to her. Kadalasan kasi ay sinasabi ito sa kaniya ng Señorita para mapagtakpan niya ito at masabihan kung hanggang kalian lamang siya maaaring lumabas.