KAPITULO QUINCE

THE EYES of Connor slowly opened up and the white walls and the smell of the hospital emerged his sights and his nose. His eyes was still adjusting to the brightness of the atmosphere, though a blurry face of a people emerged his sights and his arced eyes slowly open up and bulged to what he saw.

It was Bryc’s face and he was shocked to it as his face became vivid. He saw his face clearly and Bryc made a mischievous smile. Because of the sudden shock, Connor fell to his hospital bed and all of them turned their gazes to Connor. However, Bryc only laughed and Thea walked towards them.

Thea spat the back of Byrc while Bryc was still laughing so hard. Connor firmly closed his eyes and ached as he felt a strange pain in the left side of his abdomen. Thea guided Connor and made him sat on his hospital bed. Thea glared at Bryc and he just shrugged his shoulders.

‘Gago ka talaga Bryc’ saad ni Hiro habang nakaupo sa isang couch at nagbabasa ng mga magazines na nasa lamesa. ‘He just came to two accidents and you are doing that to him. You’re such a silly friend’ Alistair didn’t pay attention to them as he was also reading some books in the shelves in the room of Connor.

‘Magpahinga ka muna, Connor’ saad ni Thea at iginaya si Connor pahiga sa hospital bed nito. Hinayaan lamang iyon ni Connor dahil din sa nakakaramdam siya ng kakaibang kirot sa kaniyang tiyan. Napatingin naman siya sa kable na nasa kaniyang pulsuhan at pinagmasdan niya ang kaniyang dextrose. Umangat ang kaniyang mata at nakita ang isang monitor na naglalabas ng tunog. ‘Just rest and don’t bother with Bryc’

Connor knitted his brows as he saw plenty of people inside of this room. He wanted to ask where he is but his head was aching and his body felt so much pain especially his stab on his abdomen. He was breathing raggedly and he can’t understand why he was in that such situation. He saw Thea leered to Bryc and Bryc just chuckled.

‘N-nasaan a-ako?’ Connor asked and Thea’s gaze turned to Connor who seemed very vulnerable. Her face softened and she was about to speak when the door of Connor’s room in the hospital opened immediately without knocking.

‘Where’s Connor?’ a baritone voice from a manly man emerged their ears. All of their gazes turned to a man who was wearing spectacles, black shoes, black suit, white polo, red tie and black pants. Connor’s eyes turned to the man and he read him from head to toe.

‘Mister McQuiod…’ Sam slurred his words but Mister McQuiod didn’t pay attention to it.

To his thoughts, he seemed very formal and he seemed at the age of forty up to forty-five. His brows knitted as he was unfamiliar to him. Though, the gaze of Mister McQuiod—the father of Connor—turned his gaze to Connor who was lying in the hospital bed. Connor watched him as he walked towards him and stand beside him. Thea move a little distance between them and the silence reigned around them.

Alistair’s gaze was on the book that he was reading but he was giving a sideward glance to Mister McQuiod. They are all silent and even Bryc went silent.

‘What happened to you? Are you okay?’ the voice of Mister McQuiod sounds very terrifying and cold. Though, the warm of his voice was hiding beneath his dark and cold voice. ‘Tell me who did this, I’ll make them pay for it’ Hindi sumagot si Connor at kumunot lamang ang nuo nito.

‘S-sino ka?’ Connor asked that made them all froze along with Mister McQuiod.

NAKARAMDAM NG MATINDING sakit si Esperanza sa kaniyang katawan kaya napatigil sila sa kanilang paglalakad sa bayan ng Batangas kasama si Mycroft at Dolores dahil pinilit niya ang mga ito na libutin ang buong lugar.

Napatigil sa paglalakad si Esperanza at napansin iyon ni Dolores at Mycroft. Huminto din sa paglalakad ang dalawa at inihinto ang kanilang pag-uusap ng mapansin ang mabilis na pagtigil ni Esperanza sa paglalakad. Napaupo si Esperanza at hinawakan niya ang kaniyang tiyan kung saan may bahaging sumasakit.