chapter 296

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

👼 MY ANGEL 👼

Elsa's body was preserved in the meantime, as per Jeremy's orders.

Jeremy then went to look for Hayley, only to find her coming back to the mortuary as he was leaving.

"Hayley!" he called out to her.

When Hayley saw Jeremy walking towards her, her anger doubled in seconds.

"Why aren't you in jail yet, you murderer?!"

Hayley didn't care about how everyone else felt, but she was not afraid of Jeremy. Let him torture her as well if he wanted to, but she wouldn't spare him.

Jeremy expected a cold reception from Hayley, but he still approached her with a friendly voice.

"Hayley, I need your help," he said.

He then walked closer to her and added, "You helped me find the video that showed both Elsa and Gwen. Maybe you could help me find more and clear my wife's name."

Hayley observed him for close to a minute before she burst out laughing.

"Your wife?" Hayley asked, amused.

"When have you ever treated Elsa as your wife? Just ask yourself that question. When has Elsa Halverson been treated as your wife, huh? And today you are here acting like you have such deep love for her? Acting like you cared for her? How hypocritical is that, Jeremy Callahan! How ridiculous and hypocritical of you!"

She then pointed her finger at him. "If you cared for her even just a little bit, Elsa would still be alive."

It seemed as if Hayley's words had triggered him, because dark clouds started appearing in Jeremy's eyes and on his face.

But he kept calm as he asked, "Don't you want to clear Elsa's name and have these fraud charges removed?"

He then begged, "Help me, Hayley. Let's work together so your best friend can rest in peace."

Those words were heavy to say, but he had to convince Hayley.

Hayley only agreed because she wanted to clear Elsa's name, but she still disliked Jeremy very much.

She went with Jeremy to their town, and since she had Elsa's spare apartment keys, she opened the door and let Jeremy in.

Walking in, Jeremy felt like he didn't know Elsa at all. The decorations were cute, colorful, and bubbly. It was the exact opposite of Gwen's apartment, which was either dark shades or white.

Hayley had Jeremy wait for her in the living room as she went to find Elsa's work journals that she always kept, even after the year ended.

While waiting, Jeremy noticed a huge Pikachu plush on the carpeted floor and picked it up.