Non Jedi Trials

Luke was suprised to wake up after a hole night of decent sleep. Dinner went to the late evening, transforming in the middle into simple house party in the dining room. Luke and Ahsoka didn't exchange any more meaningfull talk, but he was forced to tell his story of destroying the Death Star. Everyone asked a lot of questions, especially after Hera mentioned how she remembers he turned off aiming computer before making a shot. He also listened to news about Rebel's condition, which was not in good shape, as if his personal failure dragged everything down. And he ate a lot, as food was tasty. Not homemade, like on Tatooine, it was bought, but Lothal was getting in better condition every year, so food was starting to get a taste. So Luke, despite his problems, thanks to dinner and familiar atmosphere got to sleep thru the hole night, which resulted in the best morning mood since dueling Vader.

Everyone was up when he came down from a room given to him. "Hey, breakfast ready, boy. I hear you will need it." Hera invited Luke to the table. He didn't eat as much, still more than most breakfasts while serving in rebel bases however. Half way thru the meal Sabine joined the table, giving Luke a quick welcoming smile. She pointed to her belt, where Luke saw a tool that was clearly a light saber. "After you finish, Ahsoka is waiting next to a ship for you." she said, grabbed piece of bread, made a sandwich and left them, before Luke could decide if he wants to ask about the saber or the plans supposedly everyone knew about except him. 

Hera escorted Luke to the ship, with little Jacen following them. Luke was closesly observing him. What he felt last day was jammed by Ahsoka's presence and his overall mental state, but now, well rested and with only him and his mother he was sure what he felt yesterday. "Let it out, I can see your eyes." Hera said in the middle of their way, which they went in silence up to this moment.

"He is a Jedi. Future Jedi, I mean." Luke said and looked at her.

"Already knew that. Any thoughts?"

"Do you keep him here so Empire doesn't find him?"

"That's what happened to you I recall."

"Yes."

"Ahsoka already said she will train him when he gets old enough."

"Okey, good. She can't be worse than master Yoda." Luke exclaimed and Hera didn't push futher.

Sabine was alredy at place, sitting with a tablet and a pen, writing or more probably drawing something. Lightsaber was still attatched to her belt. Rex, Callus and Zeb were busy in discussion about blasters, judging after how everyone of them had his pulled out and how they were presenting them to eachother. Ahsoka was on the side, sitting in meditative position, with a white bird on her arm.

"We are here!" Hera announced. Sabine put away her tablet, the men came closer to them and Ahsoka standed up. "Come here" She said loudly enough for Luke to hear and pointed at the space right in front of the ship. "Here the ground is the best."

Sabine walked up to Luke and handed him the lightsaber. He took it, but felt her wrist tense for a split second before letting it go. He gave her a reassuring smile and walked where Ahsoka pointed him to. He was ready for another set of trials, the only thing new from Ben and Yoda, it seemed Ahsoka is set on some concrete, fighting lessons, which Luke appreciated already.

"Not gonna ask you how much you've trained. Wanna see everything on my own." After a moment she added "We adjusted sabers power, it's still hot, but only burn the skin hot, not cut thru it like thru air hot."

Luke lighted the saber and was taken back by green light coming from it. "Do they come in every color?" He asked. "I saw only blue and red."

"Blue and green are the most common. Red, not always but most often, indicates that caber crystal was tainted with the dark side. But almost any color can be found if you look long enough." Ahsoka said, while taking her own saber and lighting up white blade. Luke didn't comment on that. But he took a fighting position. Ahsoka was definitelly going to be tremendously strong, he needed to be ready.