Familiar Face

Not much have changed. Grey hallways of an republic batlle cruisers changed into white hallways of rebelion starships. War changed, but for the old men going thru them to the dinery, they were all the same. Same fight that started years ago. He was late for a dinner with his old fellas, thats why his movements were quick. At the time he was thinking only about meal, as he was getting really hungry (and thirsty), so he missed noises coming from the closed room at first, but when to his ears came a sound of many undefined things being thrown at the froor, he stopped for a moment of consideration. The doors at his left hand opened and a young men went thru them. First thing old man had noticed was mixture of frustration and anger comimg from the boy. Secondly he saw a medium tall man with brown hair in a white clothing of someone not long ago released from medical center. The boy was heading towards him. 

"Aren't you going to close the doors?" Old man asked, curious of circumstances that led this seamingly very kind-looking youg boy to be in such an emotional state. He turned his head, noticing that doors aren't closed, but instead of comimg back, he just moved his hand and the doors shut downed on their own behav. War veteran seen enough to know right away who he was dealing with. 

"It is good to have a Jedi again on our side." 

"Not a Jedi." Boy replied with annoyed voice. 

"Well, either way, force users are usefull. Last two were great, although the ones I once fighted along side really deserved the place among legends." 

"Last two?" Boy seemed curious, for a moment letting visible frustration pass. In that moment he look similar to the person the old guy have met, but it needed to be long time ago, since he couldn't grasp when or where he met the person he seemed similar to. 

"I'm sorry. My name is Rex. Captain Rex. The two Jedi I was talking about were Kanan Jarrus and Ezra Bridger from ghost crew. We did some missions together." 

"Heard of them. Didn't end well for them, being Jedi." 

"Kanan sacrificed his life for a cause. But some believe that Ezra is still alive. I am not an optimistic type myself really, I am not holding to the hope if there is nothing to back it up."

"Good for you." 

"Can I know your name, young boy?" His speeker seemed annoyed by this question. At this moment he seemed to notice that he was actualy standing in the midlle of a hallway talking to some old dude and not going to the place he wanted to. 

"I need to go. I have some things to do." 

"Right, I am not stoping you." 

"Thanks." Boy passed thru captain but in last moment before disappering behind the corridor he turned. "Luke. My name is Luke. Luke Skywalker".

All falled into places. Long gone face just stared at him, but not only the face of an long lost friend. Rex concluded, as far as his knowledge gone, there were visible signs of a women met few times. Rex didn't knew her well. He seen her only phew times in person and the middle of separatist base is not the place where you pay attention to the people you are at the moment rescuing. 

"Skywalker!? Is it possible!?" 

"Is what possibe?" 

"As I said I am Captain Rex. I served in Legion 501st under the command of general Anakin Skywalker in times of Clone Wars." 

"Ow yeah?" Luke stared for a moment at Rex. "I wouldn't quess you are just a captain, giving you had to be quite mature back then already." 

"Not really. We clones age twice as fast. I look old, but I am somethink around 35 years old."

"You're a clone? Never met one of you before." 

"Maybe you want to join me at the dinner? If you have nothing more important to do?" Asked Rex trying to sound nonchalant, but he couldn't hide excitment in his voince. Is he really talking to a general's son? He even had a child?