027.

Oakley 'Cench' Caesar-Su New York, NY Two Days later

New York, NY
Two Days later

The apartment was clean and quiet, somehow it still smelled like her even though she was on her flight back right now. I walked into her room and started looking underneath her bed, nothing.

Then her bathroom, nothing there. She had to have it somewhere. I pulled all her draws out and emptied them all out. I knew Killian she kept things, that's what she did.

She once kept a candy wrapped from England because she wanted to remember it just incase they sold it in New York. She collected shit to scrap book but would never make the books she just kept boxes of that specific memory. I entered the walk in closet and looked up, there was a safe at the top of the closet and I reached to grab it, and it was locked.

"What the fuck could it be?" I asked myself, I took one more thought.

10:58.

I turned the dial and it unlocked, taking the safe to the living room I sat on the couch. If what I wanted to be in there was there, honestly I was scared. The lump in my throat wouldn't go down and my heart raced, I opened the chest and there it was.

The pregnancy test and an envelope. My chest hurt because I wasn't there, the pink lines on the test were bright and I held it in my hand. My heart hammered in my chest it felt so unreal, I opened the envelope and there was a stack of papers inside. I unfolded the paper and an ultrasound fell out, the black, gray and white picture made my mouth dry.

The corner of the picture had her name and the date and time, two days after she called me. I shuddered at the thought of her making the appointment. Six weeks. She was pregnant for six weeks.

I flipped through the stack of papers and things were highlights and circled. The words surgical procedure were highlighted, implant was circled, and her signature was on almost every page.

That was my baby, I picked up the ultrasound pictures again and look at it. It didn't make any sense to be, but the closer I looked there was black marker circling a small gray ball on the picture.

I could hear luggage rolling in the hallway and huffs of frustration, getting up I took the safe and went into the closet of the spare bedroom. The door opened and slammed, she cursed and then stopped moving. Heavy footsteps made their way towards her room, "What the fuck?" I heard loudly, "No, no, no." I heard her panic set it.

"Not my safe, please not my safe." I could hear her rummaging through her closet, boxes tumbled down and I stayed quiet. A phone line was trilling, the other person answer and she was sniffling.

"A-Am-Meena m-my safe is- is gone." She stuttered through her tears, "The safe with the-"

"Yes!" She cried, "He fucking took it! I know he did." Killian sobbed. I slowly and quietly eased out of the closet, took the gun out of my waistband and approached her room.