019.

Killian Rubis Andrade New York City, NYOne month later

New York City, NY
One month later

Ameena was finally here, and I couldn't be happier. Life back home was becoming easier to navigate, and my job was one of the easiest I've ever had.

Except after the first week, Cench had gone completely off the radar. I didn't hear from him in any capacity, and all my work orders came from Wadz. The last message Cench sent me was the location to a set of car keys and three brief cases. Each brief case had $250,000 , after that I heard nothing from him.

Before Ameena got here I stocked up on the wine, and hard liquor so we could pre-game accordingly. She plopped on the couch after she felt comfortable with Sirius and Severus. They shook her up a bit with their size upon her entrance.

"Ughhhh, Killian I missed you. It's just work and school for me, this is exactly what I need." She sighed, I could only imagine that medical school was exhausting.

"Well we have four days, I'm so happy to have you here." I sat next to her, handing her a hefty glass of wine. She took a sip and decided to take a shower before we got into any fun, and I moved her bags to the guest room.

I had restocked it with all of her specific needs, and took a seat back on the couch waiting for her. Scrolling on social media, which I kept under strict wraps because it was still risky for me have according to Wadz. My name couldn't be my name, and my profile picture couldn't have my face in it. I guess it was for my safety so I didn't argue, I was surprised they even said yes.

Few minutes later she meets me back on the couch, picks up her glass and we pick up where we left off.

"So how are you? Tell me, tell me. What's going on with your love life? No offense it kinda looks like it sucks." She giggled taking a sip, as I was mid -sip I almost choked on the wine.

"Well uh, it's true it does suck. Haven't met anyone, don't think I'm really trying to. The dating pool here is just not...not what I'm looking for." My elaboration was weak, but I just didn't feel the need to date right now.

I didn't go out of my way to meet anyone, because I prefer to be single. I'd get what I needed from either a toy, or if I'm feeling bold maybe I could go to a bar and get my rocks off.

"Well now that I'm here, we are going to change that. How was having Cench here to help you, Wadz told me he had to leave a little earlier after handling business."

My mouth ran dry because I want to be honest with Ameena, she didn't deserve to be lied to. "It was okay, you know grumpy pants. So we found the apartment, he did stay and watch Harry Potter with me after I named the dogs." I pointed at my babies.

She fake choked, "Cench watched Harry Potter? The man whos default setting is cold and callous?" Ameena looked shocked and surprised.

I frowned a bit, he was a little nice. I hate that people didn't experience that side of him, I understood in his line of business that wasn't a face to show to everyone; or even show it often.