Asylum sweet Asylum

(Rocket POV)

It took no longer than 3 hours before I was being moved to an armoured vehicle. On the side read 'Arkham Asylum' and had at least 5 armed cars surrounding it. They had cuffed my hands to a chain on my waist, along with my feet

When they loaded me up and slammed the doors shut, I smiled at the woman officer inside with me "Hi" She looked at me and nods "Ya do this all the time, or is this your first?"

"My first" She answered nervously

"Promotion?"

"You could say that"

"Don't worry love, I don't hurt women, it's part of my code" I tell her

"I know, that's why it's me and not the usual guy"

"Ah! Makes sense" I shrug. The car starts to move with a loud rumble "It seems a bit much for little ole' me?"

"That's what I said, but no one listens to a woman" She gruffed "Besides, no amount of security will be able to stop you"

"What's your name?" I asked her

"Harper, Jamie Harper"

"Very pleased to meet you Officer Harper" I reach my hand forward, only for it to be stopped short by my restraints "Dammit"

She let's out a chuckle and leans forward, taking my hand, shaking it "It's a pleasure Black Rose" She let's go and sits back

"So....what's a place like you, doing in a person like this?"

She snorts, shaking her head "Just trying to survive in a city that doesn't care"

"Aren't we all love, aren't we all"

"Did you really kill the Joker?" She asked intrigued

"No" I chuckle "That one I can't say I did"

"But there's evidence" She frowns

"There maybe be evidence I was there, but it wasn't me who killed him, I was....indisposed" I grimace, thinking of the pain I felt from those fucking bullets

"Will you tell me who did?"

"Nope, but I know they enjoyed it"

She looked at me, scanning my face "I can't work you out"

"How so?"

"I mean, you're bad, that's obvious, but....I can't seem to hate you" She sighed "I wish I could, but I just can't"

"Yeah" I smirk "I grow on you"

It was silent for a bit, the vehicle swaying side to side on the roads "I saw your interview" She says suddenly "You're not afraid of anything?"

"I'm afraid" I tell her truthfully "Everyday scares me, I just mask it by being an annoying asshole"

She chuckled with a nod "I heard you were, but what I mean is, you confessed to so many things without even caring about the consequences"

"Oh trust me darlin', I knew what would happen when I answered those questions, but I wasn't saying anything everybody already knew. I don't want people to think that I'm being deceitful, that's how you lose the trust in others. Sometimes the truth isn't always good news, but at least ya don't lie about it" I tell her "A lie can break so many things, a relationship, a company, a family, no matter what you face, lying does way more damage"