Thirty

Dieter's POV

"I'll take a burrito, with extra cheese. Can I also have extra meat? Then I also want some fries on the side. No beans. Please. No beans. Then I want two carne asada tacos, extra pico de gallo. Can we also get some chips and guac? Thanks." Crispin closed the menu with a smile on his face and handed it to the waiter and I watched in awe. 

Had he always eaten this much food? 

"And you Alpha?" The waiter asked with a smile. 

"Enchilada, beans, rice." I closed the menu and handed it to her. She nodded quickly and walked away leaving us. 

"Goddess, I'm so hungry." Crispin groaned as he rubbed his belly. He had been doing that a lot recently. Rubbing his stomach. Though I wonder if it was some way to soothe himself. I didn't want to ask him because it seemed he was doing it absentmindedly.

I had brought Crispin to the Mexican restaurant when we were on our pack lands. I wanted us to get away from the packhouse and try to have some time to ourselves to talk. Talk about what exactly? No idea. But it still felt like we were tiptoeing around each other. Waiting for the other to do...something.

Since reconciling we haven't touched since then. Even sleeping in the bed, we stay on our separate sides neither of us making the first move. I was waiting until Crispin made it clear that was something he wanted from me. That it was okay to grab him and kiss him. Fuck, I wanted to kiss him. Kiss him hard and fast.

"What made you bring me here? I thought you didn't like people." Crispin teased with a soft smile on his face.

"This is true." I huffed slowly, making sure he was the only that could hear. "I thought it was best we get out for a bit." I cleared my throat and looked around to make sure no one could hear what I had to say next. "I missed you and I just wanted some time with you."

"Oh." Crispin perked up at my words and a slight blush covered his cheeks. "I--I missed you too." His gaze softened even more and his words made my heart jump in excitement. A warm fuzzy feeling filled me and I wanted nothing more than to bask in it. 

"I don't want this weirdness between us anymore." He sighed and relaxed his shoulders. I looked deep into his eyes and saw nothing but sincerity. 

"Neither do I," I responded quickly and quietly. The restaurant was pretty full and there were many nosey wolves here as well. Perhaps bringing him out wasn't the best thing if I wanted to have a conversation with him.

"James and Ben called me yesterday. Goddess, I felt so bad I hadn't talked to them in so long."

Oh right, James and Ben. How could I completely forget the man and the reason Crispin and I met each other? I guess that goes to show how much has happened and how preoccupied my mind has been.

"How was it?"

"It was good! I guess I realized how much I missed them. And will miss them..." His voice trailed and before I could respond the waiter was back with our chips and guacamole and Crispin dived in without a second to waste.

"Are you sure moving here is okay with you?" 

He had surprised me during the meeting with his suggestion of sending members of my pack to his. And then on top of that, he told me he was moving here. I wonder if he was truly picking that for himself or if he thought it was the easiest decision. 

"Yes, of course." He looked up at me as he flicked his tongue out to lick his bottom lip and wipe off the guac that sat there. I watched as he did and lust began to brew in my belly. Now that things were slowly getting better between us, my body was waking up again. With the need to have and claim my mate again.