Six

Crispins POV

I stood in awe as I watched Dieter fighting so effortlessly, I add. He didn't look tired at all, he barely moved when James tried to pounce on him. And James hadn't been able to get one hit on him. 

However, there was something in me that thought he was going too easy. Because even though he was getting hit on James, he was still able to walk. And I feel if Dieter really swung a hit, James would be knocked out.

I was thankfully able to calm Carter down and Ben took him and the mates back to whatever they were doing. All except for Rena and Danielle left. Though Rena was glued to my side Danielle stood many feet away. 

"Everything okay?" I asked her, looking down to see her twirling her hair. A nervous tick she has. 

"I have to tell you something later. When we're alone." Her eyes flicked from mine to Danielle only for a moment but then back to mine. "Nothing bad, I promise. Or at least I don't think it is." I nodded in understanding, knowing I wasn't going to get any more information from her.

"Have you enjoyed yourself this morning?" I asked changing the subject to something more lighthearted.

"Ben wanted to have a bake-off." She huffed out, and I couldn't help the smile on my face as she said that. Rena was a talented baker, so I already knew what the results of that competition would be.

"How did Ben take the loss?" 

"Not so good, almost threw a fit." We both laughed and Rena slightly leaned into my arm. 

I could feel him before I could see him. His eyes blazed into the spot where we touched. I turned to see Dieter standing there with his eyes glaring, but only for a second. But I saw it. And now I feel incredibly guilty. 

But not only that, I saw Danielle glaring our way as well. The touch I understand, but I can't not talk to a member of my pack. 

"How can you stand watching this?" Rena asked pulling me from my thoughts.

"Watching what?"

"The fighting. It's so intense." She motioned to the fight happening before us. My eyes lingered on Dieter a bit too long and I pulled my gaze away. "Come outside with me?" Her brown eyes were staring deep into my green. "I'd rather tell you now than later." 

I nodded and I reluctantly followed her out of the training center. But not before feeling Dieter's eyes burning a hole into my back. 

Once we were outside I saw Rena take a deep breath and fidget with her hair again.

"I found my mate." She blurted out, so very loudly might I add. "It's...the girl you know. Danielle. The scary dude's sister." Well damn. 

She went quiet and stared expectantly at me. I guess this is where I saw something now.

"Congratulations."

"That's it?" She questioned, her face filled with confusion.

"What did you want me to say?"

"I'm mean I don't know. It's--it's a girl. I'm not gay." She whispered gay almost as if she was afraid for someone to hear.

"Well, I'm not either. And yet..." My voice trailed off as I looked through the small window on the door and watched Dieter move.

"Your mate? A he? He is in there?" Rena quickly moved to look in the window, her eyes wide with surprise. "Was it that cutie that sat next to you? What's the name...FINNICK? Is it him?" She was now yelling and gripping my arm shaking me.