One

(Cutie Crispin. He's just a lot more muscular in my head)

Crispin's POV

"Daddy, what are you making?" Carter's big brown eyes looked up at me in expectancy as I moved around the kitchen. He sat perfectly in his high chair by the island with his toys. His thick curly hair sat on his head perfectly.

It took some time, research, and practice but I finally learned how to manage it. Carter's biological mom was a black woman and he got many of her features, his hair being one of them. Other than that and his full lips he looked exactly like our father, meaning he looked like me. He had my green eyes and brown hair, but he had a brown complexion.

He has asked me multiple times why he was different, and I told him the truth. His mom, Shera, was black and she loved him very much. Though he didn't need to know the details of who his true father is. Because it's me, I am his father.

"I'm making your favorite." I turned around and gave the plate to him. There was a piece of toast with raspberry jelly cut into squares, with eggs.

"Tank you, Daddy." It was muffled as his mouth was already full of food. I chuckled lightly as I took my apron off.

I walked through our very small house and threw on my dress shoes to match the rest of my clothing which was my usual wear. Black slack, a white button-up, and a belt. Decorated with a belt, my dad's wedding ring and watch on my left hand, and my mother's wedding ring on a chain wrapped around my neck.

Our house wasn't much, it was a two-story, two-bedroom, and one bathroom. It was just us two and we didn't need much space. But that's what happens with Mirco-packs. We don't have much money, so we make do with what we have. We took a small town in the middle of nowhere that was abandoned and turned it into our pack.

There were enough homes to house all that were members, which now was 37. Not including the children. There was one of everything. One school, one gas station, one grocery store, one clothing store, one movie theater, and so on.

Our 'pack house' wasn't much. It was an office building where on the first floor it was recreational but on the second it was the office spaces for pack leadership. Me being alpha I got my own office, which I was thankful for.

Many packs looked at us weirdly when they realize that we enjoy the way we live. That the quiet country life in the hills is something we find comfort in. I had no intention of becoming a large pack, but I did have the intention of growing our pack just a bit.

"I'm done!" Carter's voice yelled and I walked and picked him up from his chair. Not before cleaning him off first.

"Okay, buddy, to the car and daycare we go."

There would always be issues with having a micro-pack. Ours now is that there is not much room for dating or finding mates. Some of my pack members have been lucky to find their mates, many have had to travel pack to pack to find them. But seeing as our funds are tight, we can't afford to send them, so many have to spend their own money to travel which is why many don't.

"I don't want to go, I want to stay with you," Carter screamed as I put him in the car in his car seat.

This was the everyday Monday routine. We spent so much time together on the weekends that when we were apart it was hard on him. On both of us. We were all we had.

Just us.

"We can watch a movie tonight and eat mac and cheese if you behave." He immediately went silent and worked with me.

Anytime mac and cheese were mentioned he always tightened up. Because he knew how special it was. I made it homemade, though it wasn't my recipe. It was Shera's. I was bestowed her recipe book which forced me to learn to cook, also because there are no fast food places here, but I wanted him to have a connection to his mother always.