Twelve

Crispin's POV

"Daddy!" Carter whined out, as he currently threw a temper tantrum.

I was in the kitchen holding onto the last shred of my sanity. My patience was at an all-time low. Which was strange seeing as I prided myself on how patient of a parent I was. But it was either that or Carter was having a hard time with all the change that was happening.

"Carter, can you please stop? Just tell me what's wrong." I leaned down to his level to look him in the eye. His face is blotchy red and tears cover his cheeks.

"I'm sad!" He screamed and plopped himself onto the floor. I let out a deep sigh and held the urge to roll my eyes.

"I understand. But are you sad because you're hungry? Or did you get hurt?"

"I don't want Rewa, I want Daddy!" He screamed again. This was his fourth time saying that, and I was confused about what he meant.

"You're not going anywhere, Carter. You're staying here." I groaned out. I suppose I finally said it loud enough for him to hear as he slowly quieted himself down and wiped his face. "Are you better now?"

He whimpered softly and nodded. He yawned and rubbed his eyes. He must have tired himself out from all his screaming. And I inwardly let out a deep sigh of relief. Once Carter was asleep I would be able to finish cleaning the place before Dieter gets here tonight.

I had never been more excited or happy for anything in my entire life. I picked Carter up and I rocked him back in forth until I could feel drool start to hit my neck. His indication that he was knocked out. I placed him softly in his bed closed the door and continued cleaning.

I needed this place to be perfect.

I wanted Dieter to feel at home here, even though I knew deep down he wouldn't move here, I would move there. But that's not something I want to think about just yet.

I just want to focus on us, together. Learning each other, and taking on this long life together. I want to talk about starting a family, and what our house would look like.

Who would have thought I was such a hopeless romantic?

Dieter decided to fly in, rather than drive. If he had driven it would have been a day trip. But it took some convincing. Only because that meant he had to be around a bunch of humans and from what he told me on the phone...it was a cause for disaster.

But I begged and begged and he finally said yes and I of course was ecstatic. And it eased my mind knowing he would be safer traveling that way, than driving for hours on end nonstop. And I say nonstop because I knew one thing about Dieter. He was a strong-willed man. He would not rest until he was here with me.

Truly, I hadn't expected our experience to go so smoothly. I hear horror stories of mates and how their connections are ruined or how something happens that keeps them apart. I was always afraid that if I had met my mate then something like that would happen to me.

I had that fear elevate slightly when we first met. When I saw how big of a man he was, and I was also a bigger man. But I was grateful that he didn't seem phased by me. He was just as willing and excited to mate as was I.

Perhaps that had to do with our age. Many young wolves focus too much on the outside appearance. If they don't physically look how they imagined, the immaturity of young wolves. They don't understand how having a mate is a blessing. The best blessing is given by the goddess.

Perhaps that's why Dieter and I are doing so well together. We have lived many years thinking that our other half was nowhere to be found. I don't plan on wasting time or having petty fights. I don't plan on ever leaving Dieter's side again. And after this week I don't think it would be possible.