Eight

Crispin's POV

It's been two weeks since the 'Alpha Summit'. I don't know why I keep calling it that. But it also means it's been two weeks since I have seen Dieter.

In those two weeks, I came back and I told my pack, they were all ecstatic and happy. But then I had to explain our situation. Dieter being so far away and sharing how big his pack is. There were a lot of factors.

We talked all day, every day. We called every night too. Carter has gotten better, and his attitude has finally gone back to normal. But I couldn't help but feel like something was off between him and I's connection.

My poor baby wouldn't even be doing anything I would find myself annoyed with him. In ways, I had never been annoyed with him before. Perhaps I was just in a slump and I needed to work through something in myself. I tried my best not to show it outwardly, but I'm scared if I bottle it all up, it'll explode all over him. And I can't have that.

Rena was currently playing with him in his room, and I was thankful she was there. I was cleaning up from dinner. She was around still, but this time it was strictly platonic, which I loved. It was nice to have a friend. I don't have many of those.

She came downstairs with Carter's backpack in her hand and him following behind her. He was going to spend the night with her this weekend. This was the first step in trying to break his separation anxiety from me. Plus he trusted Rena and has known her all her life, and because she's constantly around, it should help ease him into being away from me.

Carter ran into the living room to grab more of his toys, but Rena joined me in the kitchen.

"Excited for your Facetime tonight?" She asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'm always excited." She smiled, but she eyed me for a moment and furrowed her brows.

"You look tense." I scoffed at her and rolled my eyes.

"I'm always tense."

"Yeah, well, tenser than usual. What's going on?"

Should I tell her that it's because I don't trust myself around my son any longer? Or should her it's because I am incredibly horny, and any time I'm on the phone with Dieter I hang up and my dick is rock solid, leaking, and begging for attention. And that hand jobs aren't enough anymore? No.

"Oh, I know what it is." I stilled and kept my eyes focused on the task at hand. Did she just read my thoughts? "Well, I have two words for you. Phone. Sex." She just read my fucking mind. Did I say it out loud by accident?

"I know what you're thinking, No I'm not a mind reader. But I look at you and I can tell. And it's okay. That's how it was with Danielle and me, but then we tried phone sex, and it helped calm me down."

My cheeks were flushed red, and I should tell her to stop saying those words when Carter was in the other room. But I couldn't.

"How in the hell do I even initiate...that? When we haven't even kissed or touched in real life." Also to add the fact I'm 1000% dominant in the bedroom, and I don't know if Dieter would be into that. Seeing as he drips masculinity. And considering he is the bigger one, I assume he would assume I would be the bottom...

"Okay, calm down. You're spiraling. Look, it doesn't have to be anything. It was just a suggestion." A suggestion I really liked, but had no way to implement.

"It's too soon. Yeah, you know maybe another day. In like a few weeks, or something." I said chickening out, and I could hear William growling at me and cowardly behavior.