CHAPTER 48

Yichen stood there his hand still grabbing Zhan's arm, but this time, his fingernails were digging deep into Zhan's bare arm. He was wearing a short sleeve shirt and even though Zhan didn't show signs of feeling any  pain, he did. He was just so upset and dissapointed that his friend would think of him being that selfish and arrogant when he wasn't. Yichen raised his voice at Zhan as he demanded an answer, nails still digging and this time, blood seeped out of his arm unto shirt and the white wooden porch.

Thy stood like that for quite a few minutes, looking at each other like they were about to kill each other or something. Well...at least that's what was what could be thought about Yichen, but as for Zhan, well...his eyes were just in shock of how someone he grew up with could think the worst of him just because he was famous and earned more. It found it so unfair but he didn't say anything.

Zhan's mother  and out the house and went to the porch, where Zhan and Yichen were having a one on one of something. She was in utter shock upon realising what was going on between his son and his friend. Yichen's girlfriend...Stacy...quickly went to hold off Yichen, trying persuade Yichen to release Zhan's hand. When he finally did, Zhan's mother came over and she was so heartbroken to see his son with all those bruises and blood out of his arm. Nail marks were visible even when the injury was still fresh. She looked at Zhan and saw that he looked to be in pain.

She understood that the pain he felt was not from his injury, but from his heart. Zhan was still looking at Yichen and Yichen averted his gaze and looked to the distant lonely night while huffing and puffing. Mother Xiao took that opportunity to ask what had happened. She knew her son would never tell her what went in between them, so she straightforwardly asked Yichen.

"A-Chen, what's going on with you two..? Why are you fighting all of a sudden..? Huh..? Tell me.."

Yichen didn't want to say anything but he also knew that Zhan would rather take the blame than to day anything. He also thought that maybe mother Xiao knew and she would tell him why Zhan betrayed their friend for money.

"Aunty, I'm sorry about this, I just can't understand why Zhan would have Fang arrested. We both knew she had a crush on Zhan and that she was a very sweet girl. I really don't understand why Zhan would do this, I mean...aren't we his friends..? Then how am I supposed to remain friends with someone who would get me arrested for I sneezing  only  because he has money.?"

"A-Chen, did you ask him about it before you raised tour voice at him..? I mean..did you really ask him as a friend or as something else..?"

"What difference is there aunty? You know very well that he would never say anything amd...and ..(sigh) I'm sorry aunt, I lost my temper a little. I guess we both are different . I have never even once treated him like this or be this shirt tempered when talking to him. "

"So you two are fighting over some girl whom you met later in the stages of your friendship.? A-chen ...did you go visit her in prison..? Did you ask her about why she was in there...? Look... A-Chen, if you're gonna blame my son for allowing the authorities to arrest her then so be it. I cannot loose my son all because you want to preserve your friendship with a criminal. If it wasn't for that sweet boy who helped Zhan, I don't know how his.life wold be like."

"What do you mean by that..? Did...did Fang do something to Zhan..?"

"Since you have all the answers , why don't you try and answer that one yourself..? Huh.? A-Chen dear, my sin has been through a lot, I would really hate to see him go through what he went through all because your judgement was wrong."

Mother Xiao looked at Zhan who was standing right besides her, tried so hard to stop her from telling Yichen the while truth. It's not that he was hiding things from his best friend, but he didn't want to seem pitiful infront of everyone. He hated it when people would say good things to him out of pity. The other reason was he knew that there was no way Yibo's n wouldn't come up. He wanted to avoid his name from coming out cause then it would raise too many questions which he didn't want to answer.