Chapter 74: Dark Heart!

The scene opens with Tabitha looking around. She was panicked as she figured out what Anita could do with her cross..the situation became even more dire.

Tabitha: 'She can use clairvoyance on her crows to have eyes everywhere..which means she knows our every move. That explains why Zeldris flipped off that bird back at the entrance..he knew someone was watching.'

Anita: "Blessing of the crows: Dark sky."

When Anita had chanted her spell, a mass amount of crows swarmed around Anita. As time passes slightly the sky became black as the crows circled the area. Hundreds, thousands of crows cawed as they circled the area.

Tabitha: "This isn't good. There has to be over a thousand of them..what an oppressive power."

Anita: "While he rests. Feast upon him."

Tabitha had a face of worry..they were not aiming for her..they were aiming at Zeldris. Soon after, birds started to dive down one by one. Their beaks hardened as they gained speed to impale Zeldris. Tabitha ran back toward Zeldris before creating a shadow hand to protect him from the birds. The birds that got caught in the shadow flapped in a panic because they couldn't move. Tabitha felt the stabbing pain, she closed an eye as she knelt down...but more birds were coming down. The assault was unrelenting and Tabitha had no time to rest.

Tabitha got up onto her feet before jumping up, with her hands she swiftly began to weave something before calling out.

Tabitha: "Curse of the shadow: Shadow silk!!"

As she chanted her spell, shadows that were in a net like fashion outstretched and caught some of the birds. Tabitha landed on the ground but a bird slipped through and dove toward Zeldris. Tabitha's hues expanded slightly and she ran over to Zeldris. She jumped in front of him taking the crow to her back. She bit her tongue as she felt the pain..she didn't want to make a sound that would wake up Zeldris. Blood began to leak from her back as Tabitha was over Zeldris.

Anita stared blankly before saying.

Anita: "Why do you protect him? You could easily get away if you flee. Is it because he gave you an order or is it something else?"

Tabitha opened her mouth to pain slightly, she looked back before saying.

Tabitha: "Even if he didn't give me an order..I would never abandon Zeldris. Zeldris saved my life. When I was all alone in nothing but darkness..he was the light that took it all away. I owe him my life."

Anita: "I don't understand, so is it a debt?"

Anita responded cluelessly.

Tabitha stood up, she shook slightly as she got to her feet. She outstretched her arms to shield Zeldris.

Tabitha: "If you don't understand that's fine. What I'm doing doesn't require an answer."

Anita: "You came back on your own volition. You could've taken the hostages and escaped, only allowing one to die..would that not be more efficient?"

Tabitha: "We would never leave anyone behind. We protect each other, even if it's a life threatening situation. Zeldris has fought many battles even when his life was at stake..he didn't care and rushed in to make sure we were all safe. We would never abandon him or anyone else."

Anita: "Liar..a person like that doesn't exist. This world is filled with liars and dark hearted people..once you have no use, they'd cast you aside and abandon you leaving you to be devoured by your own ignorance. I will reveal your true colours.."

Anita snapped her fingers and all the remaining birds dove down at once. Tabitha didn't waver, she stood her ground. Anita was surprised she didn't instinctively run away.

Tabitha was covered in scratches and bruises, blood soiled her dress slightly and her black boots. Tabitha raised a few shadow hands and turned them sideways to guard them. The sounds of thumping was heard as birds smacked into the hands with such velocity. Tabitha stood strong but she was running out of energy, the hands began to fade as they were left with nothing. Tabitha had to think fast, she uses her body to shield Zeldris..

Thousands of crows flew past, some scratched her, some pierced her and some sliced her. She held Zeldris close to her chest as she vowed to keep him safe. Tabitha felt weak..blood splattered everywhere as the assault continued.

Tabitha: 'I have to live..just a little longer to protect Zeldris..'

After a moment..the assault stopped. Tabitha had a tight grip on Zeldris, she kept him safe from the assault. Zeldris's eyes began to move..he was waking up.

Tabitha: "Thank goodness...you're okay Zeldris.."

Zeldris: "Tabitha..you're still a-"

As Zeldris looked at Tabitha, she looked like something straight out of a horror movie. She was covered in blood and her wounds were full of feathers, her outfit was torn..yet she still had a smile on her face. Blood leaked from her mouth. Zeldris got up and held Tabitha before looking down at her.

Zeldris: "You're going to die..you need treatment now!"

Tabitha weakly said.

Tabitha: "It's okay...even if I do die..I'd be happy you all made it...out.."

Tabitha fell unconscious due to her wounds and the pain she had felt. Zeldris placed down Tabitha, a looming shadow covered his eyes briefly..however when he looked over at Anita he had a blank expression.

Anita: "It was love that made her so strong.."

Zeldris: "All the pain..all the suffering...all the attempts it was all for nothing. I still couldn't save everyone..and it was the final stretch."

The sky was still filled with the moons power. Zeldris closed his eyes and he used his curse to enter an armour phase.

Zeldris: "Using the full moon armour is too risky now. So I'll just have to make do with half. Curse of the moon: Half moon armour."

Zeldris transformed into his armour. White metal like pallets covered him to form a tunic while his legs were covered in chainmail and white boots. Zeldris placed his hand over Tabitha before saying.

Zeldris: "Curse of the moon: Ayla's care."

Suddenly a white greenish glow flowed into Tabitha and her wounds began to heal slightly.

Zeldris turned to face Anita.

Zeldris: "I'm not letting anyone die..no more bodies. I'm sick and tired of seeing people die."

Anita: "What...an interesting group."

Zeldris: "I'm going to finish this and we'll all keep going to find out the truth."

Anita: "The truth?.."

Anita's attention was peaked.

Anita: "What truth do you speak of?"

Zeldris: "A truth I've been searching for my whole life and you're in the way of it!"

Zeldris drew his sword before spinning it in his hand. Anita stood prim before outstretching her hand...it was the final battle..who will win in the end?

Chapter end!