Chapter 60: Shadow vs Fog!

The scene opens with Martin shaking his head.

Martin: "For some reason, that annoyed me..Keke. To have someone inferior talk to me like that..I am not creepy!"

Phoebe poked her tongue out at him, Martin's eyebrow twitched before he held up both his arms, his long sleeves swooshed as he did so and a gastric aura was emitted from him.

Martin: "This castle...will be your burial..kekeke."

As Martin uttered those words, from behind him a giant wave of pitch black oil was expelled and flowed toward Phoebe. Phoebe placed her hands on the ground before chanting.

Phoebe: "Curse of Botany: Giant Mushroom!"

A red mushroom sprouted from the ground to try and block the large wave of oil..but unfortunately the oil disintegrated the mushroom. Phoebe gasped as she was engulfed in it.

Martin: "Kekekeke..rest..with the countless names that have been lost..blondie."

The scene changed. Tabitha and her enemy were battling it out, mist filled the area which obscured her vision but Tabitha was holding up quite well.

Tabitha: "This is not good..every time I try to get a hit, I am reflected back by her umbrella...not only that, landing a hit on her is already difficult."

???: "That's the beauty of mist isn't it?..you can get lost and have so many memories wiped in a haze."

Tabitha: "That doesn't make sense! Ugh, having a conversation with you is pointless. I just have to take you down and get back to the others."

???: "But what if you do beat me and they are already dead?..what if there's nothing to go back to?..so many questions..with little to no answers."

Tabitha: "No way anyone is dying here! They are all strong and nothing will stop us."

???: "Strong?..don't be ridiculous.."

Tabitha began to emit a shadowy aura before running toward the blue haired woman, as she threw a punch forward the woman turned her umbrella to face the attack but Tabitha stopped and strafed to the left. The woman gasped before she was met with a palm strike to the face.

Tabitha: "Finally, my first hit!"

The lady stumbled back before she dropped her umbrella, she looked at Tabitha with a slightly annoyed expression. Her eyebrows were furrowed, she then held out her hand toward Tabitha.

???: "Curse of the mist: Lost fog."

The whole room was covered in white as soon as she called that out, Tabitha couldn't see a thing. She looked around.

Tabitha: "Ugh..this attack again, it's so annoying. I can't see her."

???: "Lost..confused...forgotten..this is what it's like to be one of the many people that get stranded."

Tabitha: "What are you talking about?"

Suddenly, Tabitha took two hits. One to the right side of her face and then one in her stomach. As her fist was slammed into her stomach, Tabitha stumbled back holding it.

Tabitha: "Tch..damn it."

Tabitha jumped but as she did so, she was kicked in her back sending her straight down to the ground.

Tabitha: "How is she doing that?!"

???: "One must merge with the mist..to find an escape.."

Tabitha: "She can merge..with the mist?..wait a minute, we've seen this before. She might be like that woman we met back in Italy. If that's the case."

Tabitha raised her hands in the air.

Tabitha: "Curse of the shadow: Shadow beast!"

Suddenly as Tabitha chanted a dog appeared made out of shadow, he sniffed around before barking and dashing forward. It then leaped forward before biting down and growling.

The mist cleared and the blue haired lady looked down at the dog biting her arm.

???: "Annoying..."

Tabitha ran forward before pulling her fist back, she then threw her fist forward and a fist made out of shadow coalesced and punched the Mist woman in the face.

The mist woman flew back once again not making a single sound, she looked up at her before saying.

???: "I see..you realised it too haven't you?..you use your shadows offensively..because you lack physical strength."

Tabitha: "Tch..."

???: "I noticed it earlier..when you struck me..it barely hurt. It annoyed me because I thought you were taking it easy on me..but that's not the case..you are just weak."

Tabitha cut her eyes before saying.

Tabitha: "Silence! Curse of the shadow: Shadow silk!"

Tabitha swiftly dashed around creating a black web around the woman, she then pulled the string tight which it turn strung up the lady. The lady was in the tight bindings but she was unscathed.

???: "Your heart is weak..you cannot control your shadows properly..you are afraid aren't you?"

Tabitha balled her fists.

???: "Curses..are only powerful if the owner of that curse believes they can wield it. If you think you are inferior..then your curse."

The lady used her curse to phase through Tabitha's attack before stepping forward.

???: "Will be weak..you cannot beat me or anyone with such weak effort."

Tabitha began to shake.

Tabitha: 'It's not that I think I'm inferior to my curse..it's just I feel I'm not strong enough to stand by his side..all he has done is save me even when I gave up..all I've done is followed behind him and everyone else while they keep improving..I should've fought back against Donny that day..but I was so scared..frightened of death and I still am..everyone is out there risking their lives for him while I still can't bring myself to do that..I promised yet..I want to run away...why did he ask me to..accompany him that day?..why?'

Tabitha thought as she felt her heart sink..she was weakened morally..her trauma was beginning to take a toll on her mental state.

???: "If you had abandoned your emotions..you might've had a chance to beat me.."

Tabitha looked up before saying.

Tabitha: "I wasn't paying attention, how did she get out of the bindings?!"

???: "Curse of the Mist: Ghost touch."

The blue haired lady placed her hand just in front of Tabitha's face before a large burst of mist was conjured up, Tabitha was sent flying with a scream as she slammed into the wall. Blood flew out her mouth, her hair was slightly frizzy as her outfit was ripped slightly.

Tabitha: "I'm going to die..because I was too indecisive..if I die..Zeldris can..find someone better to assist him..sorry father.."

The blue haired lady picked up her Umbrella., she held it on her shoulder as she walked over to Tabitha.

???: "I'll make this quick..the feeling of being weak must be sickening."

Tabitha looked up, she tried to move but her body refused to listen to her.

???: "Curse of the mist: Undaunting Breath."

Suddenly mist began to flood Tabitha nostrils, she began to twitch and struggle due to losing her air.

???: "This spell will kill you swift..while you suffocate go over all your memories..go to the shadows with no regrets."

Tabitha began to choke as she lost her air, she held her chest as she began to gasp.

Chapter end!